Radar stick and the Maverick sight pitch axis

Fishbreath

I don't know if this is my setup, or the way the plane works, but I'm running into an interesting issue. I've mapped the radar stick to the ministick on my CH throttle, and that works as expected on the radar: up slews up/increasing range, down slews down/decreasing range. When I'm using the Maverick sight, though, up slews down and down slews up. Is it supposed to work that way?

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

+1

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced / Ultra X3 1600-Watt / XFX R9 390 8GB

Intel i7-2600k 4.2GHz / Corsair H-80 / Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 / 2 1TB HDD / 4TB HDD

Kingston HyperX Blu 4x4GB DDR3 1600

Win10 Pro 64-bit -Sentey Revolution Pro Gaming Mouse - Logitech K260 Keyboard

Hisense 40'LED TV / TrackIR 5-Pro Clip /TM Warthog / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Astro A40's

I have CH throttle too. It usually needs to be inverted if you want up to go up and down down. Same with KA-50 Shkval and A-10 TGP.

Right, but up is up on the radar scope and up is down on the Maverick sight. If I invert it so that the Maverick sight is correct, the radar scope is wrong.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem with the mavericks, but once they lock onto something they won't unlock until I break away from the target so much that I get out of the slew cone. Then they'll lock onto something else automatically even though the "TV" trigger isn't pressed.

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem with the mavericks, but once they lock onto something they won't unlock until I break away from the target so much that I get out of the slew cone. Then they'll lock onto something else automatically even though the "TV" trigger isn't pressed.

You have to use the T0 fix to center the Maverick again (bringing it back to Boresight).

And then you can try to lock the target again.

And on the second note i think that once the TV Fix button has been pressed it will lock onto anything with a strong enough signature unless you press the T1 Fix again to have it just Slew.

Atleast that is how i think it works for me.

I also have this issue. I have another problem, when in RB-75 mode and the trigger is set to unsafe the HUD boresight indicator is so high up on the HUD I cant see it unless I have my head position way down (from default position) that I cant see the image in the EP-13 anymore. I have the correct QFE and the HUD glass is in the high position.

The radar stick has two-stage trigger, that RB75 uses differently.

T0 is state where you don't pull radar trigger. The RB75 is then boresighted automatically.

T1 is state where you pull radar trigger to first stage. The RB75 seeker is then uncaged.

TV is state where you pull radar trigger to second stage. The RB75 seeker is then locked.

If you lock to something unintended, you need to fully-release radar trigger to boresight the RB75 seeker and then start again seeking.

Okay, okay, it sounds stupid that why not just uncage it by releasing it to T1? Well, it is a good question.... But that might be reason why the Viggen is put to autopilot to fly straight and you have dot on HUD to boresight RB75 easily on target.

If you don't use two sticks, you can bind a T0, T1 and TV to buttons. And then they will be like they are pressed and holded continually after just pressing them.

So once you press T0, it is like you don't pull trigger at all. When you press T1, it is like you would be pulling trigger. And once you press TV, it will be like pulling fully the trigger.

This is to allow players with single stick to be able put aircraft on autopilot and then operate RB75 and lock it and then return to normal stick mode where trigger is pulled to launch the RB75.

BUT. After you launch the RB75, you have still lastly pressed the TV button and it is same as the radar trigger is fully pressed. Meaning the next selected RB75 seeker is automatically on "Lock On" and will lock on closest contrast it can see.

And this is a bug, or isn't a bug. Because if you have buttons put to the T0, T1 and TV, it works just as problem is. If you bind them to two stage trigger, then problem doesn't exist as when you release trigger, it just doesn't trigger anything and RB75 is boresighted.

So what probably is required to do is to fix the sight system and binding.

So axis is on same direction (I have the same problem for radar and collimator) As I don't see WHY SAAB would do such thing that radar stick works different directions (unless their logic is that stick forward = down, and that means stick forward the radar comes down instead "forward/Up")

image3344.png.bd9aa4bb83dfc4f4dd063fccb1a35bb8.png

And then is to fix that after you launch the RB75, the trigger stages are re-checked are they pressed/hold and correctly respond to that. Meaning the next RB75 is boresighted and you need to press again T1 to uncage it and then TV to lock it again.

Edit: I actually think that is the case... Radar stick forward = Radar screen down. Radar stick backward = Radar screen Up.

This must be reason so the flying with two sticks, controlling aircraft as controlling the radar stays "same". (Nose Up = Cursor Up, Nose Down = Cursor Down).

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't know if this is my setup, or the way the plane works, but I'm running into an interesting issue. I've mapped the radar stick to the ministick on my CH throttle, and that works as expected on the radar: up slews up/increasing range, down slews down/decreasing range. When I'm using the Maverick sight, though, up slews down and down slews up. Is it supposed to work that way?

+1 What's the story behind this, intended?

I also have this issue. I have another problem, when in RB-75 mode and the trigger is set to unsafe the HUD boresight indicator is so high up on the HUD I cant see it unless I have my head position way down (from default position) that I cant see the image in the EP-13 anymore. I have the correct QFE and the HUD glass is in the high position.

+1 Very annoying, intended by design?

Do you have a source for this?

Just thinking, not knowing. ;)

As it would make sense for me when you are flying at low altitude, you don't want to do a wrong direction adjustment with two sticks on your hands....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.