VR Framerates with latest update

R1Lawsy

Hey All,

Just wondering if everyone else is experiencing lower framerates in the latest build in VR?

In the instant action Attack Insurgents mission in the KA50, i was around the 90 fps for most of the mission.

In the latest build with no setting changes its around 30 - 40

Anyone else notice this drop?

Thanks

James

Yeah, I also took a big fps hit in 1.5.6

Even in the menu's I see it. Always used to be 90 there, now I'm seeing around 60fps.

Edited by Mud
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I was having terrible trouble the game was unplayable probably like you said 30-40 just unplayable anyway lots of flashes out of the game and back in again. Turned out I needeed to do a fresh delete and reinstallation of my nvidia drivers. Now everything is running great!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I've updated my drivers to the latest version, and as I expected it makes no difference. That makes sense cause I saw the drop in frames after the DCS 1.5.6 update.

For reference I'm getting about 24fps in the Viggen cold start training mission, and oddly both CPU cores and GPU are seeing a max load of around 75%

Spoiler

Yep - 1.5.5 had no issues, frames fine. 1.5.6 introduced major flashing between DCS and VIVEport - occasionally it jumps to VIVEPort, SteamVR says DCS is not responding. Switch back to 1.5.5 no problems. Certainly issues perhaps because its still Beta? But I really hope these issues are not brought to the final build.

I've updated my drivers to the latest version, and as I expected it makes no difference. That makes sense cause I saw the drop in frames after the DCS 1.5.6 update.

For reference I'm getting about 24fps in the Viggen cold start training mission, and oddly both CPU cores and GPU are seeing a max load of around 75%

Did you use a driver uninstaller and make sure it was a clean delete and reinstallation (using safe mode) ?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Did you use a driver uninstaller and make sure it was a clean delete and reinstallation (using safe mode) ?

Sorry dude just realized you were talking about 1.5.6. Didn't even know there was an update till about a day ago when it downloaded. It ruined my fps too so Ibwent back to 1.5.5

------------

No worries, Wolf :)

We'll have they hope they sort it out soon.

Spoiler

Hey,

FYI after the 2.0.6 update I was getting terrible frames and found out it was becauseof issues with clouds. Cloud density was set at 5, after setting to 0 (haven't tried different settings yet) fps was back.

HTH

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

I've been practicing on the Su25T command post strike mission recently. On the steam version and come the update yesterday frames dropped to ~22fps. But then noticed not on the other missions I tried and say open conflict server. After reading this post - opened command post strike mission in the editor and lowered cloud density from 7 to 1 and hey presto frames back to 45-90

Edited by OllyFox80

Yes, there's something definitely wrong with how clouds are managed in the 1.5.6 update. Framerates have taken a major hit, and it correlates strongly with the density of clouds in the sky. Trying to work through the Fw 190D-9 Challenge Campaign, and the stuttering and low frames in the 2-v-1 mission nearly made me nauseous. For reference, this mission is flown right over dense clouds.

I just flew this exact same mission in the Bf 109K-4 Challenge Campaign about a week ago, and had smooth framerates under 1.5.5.

Hope this can get optimized soon!

I tested the last version on the Gazelle "static tank" quick mission and I had the same fps loss than OllyFox80.

so I rolled back to 1.5.5...

I hope that the devs wil fix that new performance problem. It seems to me that it has been noticed in the 1.5.6 beta, but they put it in release status without improving the performance.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I have also had frame rates about halve, from 30ish to 15ish. I have a pretty low end system, I've dropped all settings with very little change, game is barely playable now.

Of note, the only graphical change that made much of a difference was shadows off. I also second that clouds seem to have a massive impact on performance. Removing all clouds brings me back into 30-40 range.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Is this performance drop you guys are experiencing associated with stuttering and tearing? I'm getting a really choppy motion when leaning from side to side especially.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I have noticed this, too, but it seems to be mission dependant.

For example, when flying a simple quickstart mission in the Viggen, I have no stuttering issues, but if I do the tutorials, stuttering is evident.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I have also had frame rates about halve, from 30ish to 15ish. I have a pretty low end system, I've dropped all settings with very little change, game is barely playable now.

Of note, the only graphical change that made much of a difference was shadows off. I also second that clouds seem to have a massive impact on performance. Removing all clouds brings me back into 30-40 range.

what settings to you use for water? I have noticed that if I use low I have fps drops in Ka-50 when the ecran shows the map, maybe other modules are affected.. try changing your water settings

what settings to you use for water? I have noticed that if I use low I have fps drops in Ka-50 when the ecran shows the map, maybe other modules are affected.. try changing your water settings

I'm set to low for water, primarily flying the Huey and spitfire. I'll give that a try!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

And what is really crazy is that I am getting close to 90 FPS in Nevada... Roughly the same settings (low). A lot less in Vegas, but still 30+.

Seems like something is poorly optimized in the 1.5.6 update, I would guess something with the Caucuses map...