VR Framerates with latest update

R1Lawsy

And what is really crazy is that I am getting close to 90 FPS in Nevada... Roughly the same settings (low). A lot less in Vegas, but still 30+.

Seems like something is poorly optimized in the 1.5.6 update, I would guess something with the Caucuses map...

ED have been saying for a while that NTTR is now better optimised and should give you better performance than 1.5/Caucasus.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

ED have been saying for a while that NTTR is now better optimised and should give you better performance than 1.5/Caucasus.

It's the magnitude of the difference that shocks me. 15-20FPS pretty much everywhere in 1.5.6, 80-90 most places and still 30+ in the most demanding areas of NTTR.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

It may simply be down to the fact that changing a setting forced a file update, which over wrote a corruption somewhere?

I always do a repair before an update to iron out issues like that. You can also now recreate a clean install of DCS World using the DCS Updater GUI Utility - a very useful 3rd party interface.

I get the impression lowering the graphics hardly does anything for performance. I even get the feeling, that turning some settings up gives me better fps.

I think I've fixed my head tracking stuttering issue by connecting both my Oculus Cameras to the same USB board. There must have been an input disparity that caused it.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat