Nav Syst light

Myleniskaya

Hi all,

I have a problem with this alert light .. "Nav Syst" I've search in the manual, on the internet, etc .. etc .. but i dont see a solution

:helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie:

893137201701310902381.jpg

I'm desesperate, i've this light in mission, mission editor, multiplayer ... However i follow the checklist and the datacard is loaded

:joystick:

Maybe someone here can help me !

Bbye :pilotfly:

mmm, i answer myself :D but when i want to make "reference" with button on the control stick on a runaway, light is off when i back master mode on BER and NAV again. BUT ! when i take off, Nav syst ...

The only one solution i have for now, i land on roadway ... push reference button, i take off again ... all work

:doh:

Upon start up you should, as soon as possible, switch to NAV before you throttle up (taxi out to the runway). If it shows up when you switch to NAV you're doing it a bit too early. Wait till RHM warning light disappears and just pop it in there.

Another thing is when taking off - putting up the HUD from a lowered position, align yourself as best you can to the center of the runway and then reference. (Reference won't work if your HUD is lowered)

90% of the time the NAV Syst would not pop up on the warning panel. Even when it does the deviation in your waypoints would be off by no more than a KM, depends on if you didn't do a couple steps before you hit the runway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Dying Embers can still start a fire"

-Western Han Dynasty

Upon start up you should, as soon as possible, switch to NAV before you throttle up (taxi out to the runway). If it shows up when you switch to NAV you're doing it a bit too early. Wait till RHM warning light disappears and just pop it in there.

I'm not convinced that should matter. Selecting NAV right before taking off should be fine I think.

Another thing is when taking off - putting up the HUD from a lowered position, align yourself as best you can to the center of the runway and then reference. (Reference won't work if your HUD is lowered)

What? Pretty sure that's just wrong. As for all high-alpha flight, the SI glass should be in its lowered position for take-off.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

What? Pretty sure that's just wrong. As for all high-alpha flight, the SI glass should be in its lowered position for take-off.

Yeah. I don't think there is even a sensor for the HUD position.

Referencing allways worked fine in the lowered positon for me.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

i thought i read you dont switch to the nav mode until you are within two minutes of take off? I have noticed that if i do switch to nav mode right away on start up from cold and take more than 2 minutes i get that nav error warning also?...

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Just wanted to revisit this; we're both right in that reference works perfectly fine in all HUD positions, but the actual checklist for performing manual course entry does say to put the HUD in flight mode. Pretty sure it's to make it easier though, shouldn't have any effect on where the aircraft is pointing obviously.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Tested this today again. I have to use the reference button when on the runway. Otherwise I get the NAVSYST warning

Just to help find the problem:

I tried several flights without using the reference button. I noticed when I DID NOT manually select the correct runway, and left it as the incorrect heading runway number, it would sometimes do that initial take off fix and set the heading correctly without lighting the NAVSYST light.

If I want the best initial heading though, using the reference button leaves me with no light and an accurate heading.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not convinced that should matter. Selecting NAV right before taking off should be fine I think.

1MKHKE5.png

Well I'm just following procedure, but I do agree that the HUD has no sensor for it. Still - the NAV SYST always pops up, might as well do it by the book.

an9FPIu.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Western Han Dynasty

This is from another Thread about the same issue.

Bug has been fixed. Unsure when this will released to the public.

from the following thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181991

So problem is fixed and hopefully we will see the fix in the next patch.

So until then we will just have to manually use the Reference button after lined up on the runway.

(as well as double checking we have the Right Runway / Base selected)

That thread also includes the manual section defining the meaning / Reason for the Nav Syst warning.

unh3qtA.jpg

Edited by mattebubben

1MKHKE5.png

You're misreading that. It says earliest, not latest. That's because the electronics are not cooled properly in ground idle. If you want to switch to NAV more than 2 minutes before take-off, you need to place the throttle in flight idle, per the AJS SFI Del 2 Kap 2 sida 16.

Guys,

Assuming there is some sort of issue and you get the Nav Syst warning, what are the corrective actions, if any? i.e. is there an in-flight initialisation procedure of some sort?

Or is it that if you get the Nav Syst you're screwed for the rest of the flight?

Cheers

J

So what's the penalty? How do you clear it? Switch to BER, Reload the cartridge and then go to NAV?

Does taking a visual/radar fix at your first waypoint re-calibrate the system and reset it? I thought I'd tried that and nothing obvious happened so ended up scrubbing the mission as I had no idea of the impact of the failure

Cheers

J

The only time you should be "really" concerned with a NAV SYST warning is when you're firing a NAV dependant weapon (BK90 & RB15).

Other than that your waypoints and stuff are going to be a tad off by a couple hundred meters or kilometers. Plus the drift cause Nature.

Guys,

Assuming there is some sort of issue and you get the Nav Syst warning, what are the corrective actions, if any? i.e. is there an in-flight initialisation procedure of some sort?

Or is it that if you get the Nav Syst you're screwed for the rest of the flight?

Cheers

J

There is no inflight procedure though, I think when you fly low the TERANAV (Unless you really messed up the Navigation System) should begin making corrections via Radar and Radar Altimeter by recognizing key land features. (If that's how I think it works).

Though if you do get it - there was a couple things that manage to help get rid of it somehow. It happened once during in flight was when I was flying low and switched from NAV to BER and back to NAV and it disappeared.

Most of the time I would land. Reference Point. Then take off again. But sometimes that didn't work. But in any case - there's not much deviation as stated above so you're gucci, just not gucci in the right place lmao.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Western Han Dynasty