Vertical Speed Indicator

As you can see in this video, this mi-8 has a different type of climb indicator. Its scale contains up to 10m (or feet maybe?) whereas our contains 30

I think beyond 10m climb or descent (especially descent) are very extreme movements and after a point it doesn't matter, you will die eventually unless you make some dramatic corrections.

Wouldn't it be better to observe our descent or climb more accurate meter by meter instead of triying to understand very small 5 m silce?

second thing is, this pilot does't seem to be worriying about vrs while descending 100 km h to 0 ,

and not much dramatic shaking is occuring

is our mi-8's vrs behavior too much?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

VSI isn't just used for hovering, though I agree 10m/s is about the normal limit I'd expect in a helicopter for a descent. Roughly 2000'/minute.

IMO, you can see him compensating with cyclic, collective and pedal input. I believe the amount of correction needed is a function of how heavily loaded the helicopter is.

You also need to consider that they may over-model the shudder so we can tell it's occurring, since we don't all have shaker seats.

That's why you use under 50 Km/h per Hour the DISS-15 Doppler Radar for descent and Hovering, because the Vario Descent Gauge show lagg behind especially at low speed.

In Climb/descent before it show's more then 5 m/s in the Gauge you have reach possible 7 or 8 m/s lead in VRS State.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

As you can see in this video, this mi-8 has a different type of climb indicator. Its scale contains up to 10m (or feet maybe?) whereas our contains 30

I think beyond 10m climb or descent (especially descent) are very extreme movements and after a point it doesn't matter, you will die eventually unless you make some dramatic corrections.

Wouldn't it be better to observe our descent or climb more accurate meter by meter instead of triying to understand very small 5 m silce?

second thing is, this pilot does't seem to be worriying about vrs while descending 100 km h to 0 ,

and not much dramatic shaking is occuring

is our mi-8's vrs behavior too much?

Main reason for differences in VSI is that your video shows first generation Mi-8T, we ( in DCS ) have second generation Mi-8MT which have different flight instruments. Many early Mi-8 ( especially those sold outside Soviet Union ) didn't had doppler radar instalation, and because of that was needed different VSI.