Navigation lights can be switched on without electric power

grunf

Are you sure about that? They are on DC power, yes, but on a secondary bus, so having no generator or ground power should turn them off. I think...

The cockpit interior lightning (kabinbelysning) is on the main battery bus before the main power switch though so those are usable without any power at all.

4JAgerJ.png

Edited by renhanxue
  • Like 1

Nope, I'm not sure. I'm basing that statement on the fact that setting external lighting is not one of the items on the startup checklist which is delayed until after engine start when doing a start without BRAGG (because they need AC power). Maybe the idea is that you set the switches to the desired settings even though they are not powered, and they then come on when the generator kicks in?

I guess it's a bug, then!

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I'm not a Viggen expert, but I do have experience working on jets in RL and you could turn the nav lights on in certain aircraft even with the battery master off. As long as there was a serviceable battery fitted to the jet to power the battery bus bar they worked. In fact it was standing orders when towing a jet at night or doing ground runs they had to be on, the guy in the cockpit had to turn the nav lights on. It was the only lights that worked with everything else shut down, except the spotlight in the cockpit.

So in real life this does work with some aircraft. As for the Viggen, I have no idea and don't know the aircraft systems that well..... :book:

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

According to the schematic posted above (thanks renhanxue :)), navigation lights should not work without the main power on.

Also, cabin (flood ?) lights should work, but they don't. I'm not sure about FR24 radio, can't get it to work even with the power on.

Canopy works without power, as it should. :thumbup:

And yes, I am aware that this is terrible nitpicking and rivet counting. :D