Best Campaign Ever Played

grabby

Good Morning,

I don't have finished it yet, but let me say aerial refueling apart, this is the best campaign i had ever played, it's close to be real with an incredible level of immersion, my best compliment's to razbam.

Only a negative note, i find difficult the radio management, is difficult to understand wich frequency keep on main radio e wich keep on the uhf.

Some times i can't hear the radio comunications because i'm in difficulty to switch the proper radio on the proper channel.

For the rest is terrific.

Regards Gabriele.

Thanks guys, I am very happy to hear that!

As for the radios - I know this is difficult to grasp as well, but I see it as part of realistic approach to the campaign. In fact, as the campaign itself is not overly challenging when it comes to A-A combat, I find those little challenges coming from properly using onboard systems a nice thing cranking the overall difficulty up.

And more of that (along with more challenging A-A) coming in the Red Flag DLC.

Once again, I really appreciate the feedback!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

As for the radios - I know this is difficult to grasp as well, but I see it as part of realistic approach to the campaign. In fact, as the campaign itself is not overly challenging when it comes to A-A combat, I find those little challenges coming from properly using onboard systems a nice thing cranking the overall difficulty up.

I agree, proper use of onboard equipment adds to the experience, keep it that way.

And keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Congratulations for this campaign, baltic dragon! I´m only at mission 3 but I can say that this campaign comes as close to reality a possible on a PC. Flying the campaign with a VR device is simply breathtaking!:thumbup:

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Yea, since finishing this campaign I've moved on to other module's campaigns (not naming anything specific!) and the difference is pretty substantial. Baltic really knows how to up the immersion with the all-encompassing details he throws in there.

Can't wait for what comes next!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

I still haven't touched the campaign yet. I was kind afraid to before figuring out all the details of the system management in this bird. (And there are quite a few). So basically Ive been practicing with the training missions and online. Most campaigns have left me dissapointed, due to simply how easily they break, or due to how they ramp up the difficulty to 100000% with superior AI formations, tactics etc.

After reading this thread can't wait to try it out now :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Once again guys, I really appreciate the feedback, it means a lot! Thank you!

I still haven't touched the campaign yet. I was kind afraid to before figuring out all the details of the system management in this bird. (And there are quite a few). So basically Ive been practicing with the training missions and online. Most campaigns have left me dissapointed, due to simply how easily they break, or due to how they ramp up the difficulty to 100000% with superior AI formations, tactics etc.

After reading this thread can't wait to try it out now :)

The campaign is designed as an extension of training, so you should be good to go without mastering the bird 100%. The difficulty is not really high, it is mostly about correct radio procedures, following orders and some fighting skills. Also, not all of the systems are featured as when I was working on the campaign, many were still not there :)

The Red Flag campaign which I am preparing (currently still in research phase / early writing) on the other hand will utilise 100% of different options and possibilities given by the Mirage. And will be more challenging when it comes to A-A combat.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just want to say Thank you.

That is really an outstanding Campaign.

Thanks to the Voice Actors as well.

I found myself more than once talking an responseto some communications.

MetalGear_Honk

The threemost dangerous threads to Programmers:

• Fresh air
  • Bright sun light
  • The horrifying screams of singingbirds

• 3 weeks later...

playing the campaign again. can't get enough of it... i love it !

i can't wait for a second version, or a multiplayer conversion !!

THANKS AGAIN !!!

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Hey, just finished the campaign. I got shivers while taxing to parking spot. I bought the mirage during prepurchase and never flown it since, just came back to it couple of weeks ago. All i can say is that this campaign is worth the module and the whole DCS World.

I played the enemy within as soon as it came out before you it went "official" so i knew that having a campaign made by Baltic Dragon was a guarantee.

Outstanding work, once again.

Hi Baltic dragon,

Just finished your M2000 Campaign

The last mission which was a success was a bit strange as on point 9, i couldn't read fast enough the coordinates and then got attacked by an ennemy airplane, got hit but could fly back to the base and landed saferly and it gave me the success mission and campaign.

I just wanted to say thank you for building the campaign. You have done an awesome work and it does put a lot of realism in.

I now need to finish the Ennemy within one :-) I am stuck with the bombing in the valley under bad weather...

Have a great day and looking forward for your new campaign !!!

Baltic Dragon for president :-)

Thanks guys for the nice words!

cobraqva - in last mission the text at WP9 is just part of the script that enabled me to use GBUs and you were not supposed to read it. All the relevant information was in the mission briefing :) though you probably missed very nice part of the last mission which I won't spoil here, but if your way back was rather quiet without any radio comms, I'd recommend that you try that mission again :)

well, i was avoiding it thinking that campaing are not good... but after this, going to try it today.-

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

• 4 months later...

Just completed the campaign for the second time. This is by far the best campaign I've tried in DCS. I really like how it's balanced towards flying, knowing the systems, radios etc and is not very difficult combat wise. Right way to go I think, opens it up to people not very experienced aswell.

Well done Baltic Dragon!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Finished today Great work learned a lot about systems. Missions were hard but more than do able. Will run through it again in a month or two should do much better now that I know systems better. You do great Work EWI is also very good. Any chance you would do a Viggen or F-5 campaign.

Your Campaign added a lot of value to a module I almost did not buy now I am glad I did. I hope the ED notes that.

Hey mitcha901,

Thanks for the kind words, I am really glad you liked the campaign! If you fly F-15 there is a new one out, you might want to check it.

As for Viggen, I don't say no - it is possible, though not in the nearest future (I already have a lot of open projects). As for F-5 I doubt it - not my favourite era plus Maple Flag are doing wonderful work and campaigns for the Tiger.

• 2 weeks later...

On the last mission of the M2000C campaign. Man what a blast I've been having! Thanks Baltic, your missions really helped me ease into this new jet and before I knew it, I was using all the systems without issues.

I love how it starts off nice and calm, ok I'm learning this is good. Then you fly some more and you're like oh ok real stuff is happening now, to woah I can't believe I got past that without a scratch.

The most I've had damaged is my radar and my nose blown off but was able to make it back to base without problems. The VO's and dialogue are very intriguing and makes you want to continue to see what will happen next.

So now I am sad that it's over :( Waiting some before doing the last mission because then I won't know what else to fly next.

I was thinking I should start on the F15 but since it isn't a clickable cockpit, I need to assign all my commands to the HOTAS yet I don't really know what should be assigned.

I see that there is a sale on the F15 along with the Georgian campaign as a bundle so I'm thinking of doing that but I really don't know anything related to the Eagle so I have not made my mind up yet. I wish all the modules had missions like we experienced in this campaign!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks! I am really glad you liked it! Hope to put the bar even higher in the Red Flag campaign.

As for F-15C, I would start (and probably end) here: with Sryan's guide. Helped me a lot when flying the campaign (and Sryan was also the main beta tester for it, never enough of thanks for him! BTW, M-2000C originally ended on M12, but he convinced me that we need another mission after that..)

Thanks for the kind words, BD!

Sze, that's an incredible deal on the aircraft and the campaign that you shouldn't pass up. The F-15 campaign acts as a prologue to the Mirage campaign, so you can remain immersed in the story.

If you are comfortable flying the M-2000C in air-to-air, the F-15 shouldn't be giving you that much trouble to learn how it works. I hope my guide BD linked will be able to help you learn it, and if there's still questions after that, you can always ask them here or in the F-15 part of the forums!

Check my F-15C guide