Park a Ka-50 with running engine

Simpit

Anyone who knows a way to park a Ka-50 (or UH-1...) in parking position on a base or a FARB with running engines for 10 Minutes or more. Background is the purpose to change the aircraft while a running mission.

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

Park a Ka-50 with running engine

well, just taxi/fly the chopper to the ramp and put throttle to rpm...

and what do you mean by this:"Background is the purpose to change the aircraft while a running mission"?

I think he means AI

Try setting an AI group of ka-50s set to take off from ramp but remove the fuel from the flight lead. I'm not sure if it will work, but I'm thinking the other flight members will start their engines but not try to takeoff because the lead is stuck on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he means AI

Try setting an AI group of ka-50s set to take off from ramp but remove the fuel from the flight lead. I'm not sure if it will work, but I'm thinking the other flight members will start their engines but not try to takeoff because the lead is stuck on the ground

Thanks for the advice, but I think the AI will shut down the engine without any fuel.

One method is to start from runway, set a waypointon on the FARP and set the waypoint to "fly over point". But it would be more pretty if the AI would stay on the FARP with running engine.

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

Thanks for the advice, but I think the AI will shut down the engine without any fuel.

One method is to start from runway, set a waypointon on the FARP and set the waypoint to "fly over point". But it would be more pretty if the AI would stay on the FARP with running engine.

I think you misunderstood. If the lead helicopter in a 4 helicopter flight has no gas, but the other 3 do, then they will start up when he tries but should not take off because he can't

Set them to start in the air (out of sight if it offends you to see them appear mid air), then make their first waypoint command to 'Land' at a point somewhere in the base, and set them to stay on the ground for 10 hours.

They'll land pretty quickly, then just sit there with their engines running.

Cheers.

I think you misunderstood. If the lead helicopter in a 4 helicopter flight has no gas, but the other 3 do, then they will start up when he tries but should not take off because he can't

Sounds great - I´ll try it and will report, thanks!

Set them to start in the air (out of sight if it offends you to see them appear mid air), then make their first waypoint command to 'Land' at a point somewhere in the base, and set them to stay on the ground for 10 hours.

I´ll try both ways!

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

Ok, AI stays on the FARB - that works fine! But both helis at once shut down their engines!!! I think it´s a rule that if the lead shut down his engine, the wingman follows - or am I wrong?

.... set them to stay on the ground for 10 hours.

How to set them stay for 10 hours - I see no way in the settings.

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

Wait!

In DCS it is possible to take control of an AI flight?

Sure, if the unit is player controllable. I'm not sure if this can be done if you don't have Combined Arms though. But I've taken over AI air units from the F10 view before. There is also a flag in the mission editor to control if a unit should be player controllable.

Too bad, I thought it would work.

It´s not the worst solution. I can live with this making an auto-start :smilewink: :thumbup:.

The advantage is, that the AI don´t open the door. Due to this changing the aircraft is possible.

Edited by Simpit

Kind regards

Hans Dieter