Track Replay Busted

LawnDart

Just got a chance to finally test out the Viggen (not just reading the manual and committing startup and checklists to memory without having a seat in the jet), and what an awesome job LNS!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've been playing around with the cold start mission mostly, but created a few other missions myself from various airbases. Regardless of what I've done thus far, none of my track replays work. In the very first turn after taking off I can already tell it's off course and/or altitude, and inevitably the replay has the jet crashing or doing any number of things that never happened. The track seems to get broken the moment the wheels leave ground, maybe sooner...

I flew a single pattern from T/O to LDG, and my landing which was on the numbers and centerline ended up offset by about 500ft laterally and somewhat in length as well...

This might be a 1.5.6 issue for all I know, but I figured I'd report it somewhere. Haven't had any track replay issues in other planes I've tried.

None the less, the AJS-37 is a beautiful beast and great add-on!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Same.

I set up a simple landing mission with the jet pretty much on the approach.

The whole thing lasted maybe 5 minutes.

It pretty much when out of sync instantly, the track altitude was too high, it had me flaring at about 200m and dropping like a stone onto the runway. Amusing.

I've had tracks record for maybe 5 10 mins, but I've had some lose sync before even taking off.

Retrofly, that sounds familiar for me, too.

When flying a single full-stop pattern, occasionally the replay will have me continuing to climb on downwind (instead of being straight and level), and getting slow... which makes for an "interesting" base turn and mishap to follow.

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Definitly Think this is a LNS issue as this only happens in the ajs 37 and the mig 21 for me, no other modules.

I concur. Can't confirm the MiG-21 since I don't have it, but all other DCS planes I own seem to replay fine while the Viggen "strays off track" almost right away in a replay.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully been able to record and playback a track with the AJS-37?

Latest version of 1.5.6 here, same outcome.

I posted a track in another thread to demonstrate a problem that i was having with the popup attacks. I ended up having to remove it because everytime i replayed it it gave me a completely different sequence of events.... so they do appear to be quiet useless at the moment.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I did record a track while hosting a server, and a friend of mine could play it after.

I don't know the details of how good/bad it was though, since I have not tried replaying it myself.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Since I had tested with nothing but SP missions, I went ahead and hosted a MP mission flying the Viggen. Sadly with the same results, in fact so bad that the playback never even made it to the runway for takeoff, and the replay of what should've been me tracking the centerline on the takeoff roll was my jet in a ditch going into the 3rd afterburner stage while blowing up dirt.

Is anyone having any success recording any tracks?

Replays have been busted and useless for certain airplanes for a long time. It's impossible to record a landing with the Mig-21 because the instant you touch down, it skids off the runway and rolls into a cigar. I'm not sure it's something Leatherneck can fix. It's an issue with how replays are recorded and played back in general.

What a shame! :(

How are people recording their flights into videos with LS planes?

I could never get a replay with the Mustang. Usually after takeoff it would gently roll over and fly into the ground. The Viggen however has broken replays all in a class of their own. I leave the parking area and it immediately steers itself onto the grass.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Was curious if this was an EFM issue, but even in "game mode" the replays don't playback correctly.