LYSBOMB behaving very strange

razo+r

Well, after an AI was droping one, she had a normal trajectory to the ground but then suddenly it decelerated instantly to 25km/h and then she flipped itselfe around, not falling straight down but more just like swinging around...

In the picture, the AI was flying <- that way and the bomb just flipped itselfe facing -> right...

My 25 years experience in the army says there is some swing in all light flares with parachutes, both smaller pistol variants up to the 8.4 cm Carl Gustaf model. Unfortunately I haven't seen any LYSBOMB in action IRL, but the principles should be the same. Haven't seen the DCS behavior so I don't know how much swing you are talking about. Is there any video?

My 25 years experience in the army says there is some swing in all light flares with parachutes, both smaller pistol variants up to the 8.4 cm Carl Gustaf model. Unfortunately I haven't seen any LYSBOMB in action IRL, but the principles should be the same. Haven't seen the DCS behavior so I don't know how much swing you are talking about. Is there any video?

I didn't make a video, but from the picture you can see the maximum swing to one direction, and it swings back to the same height on the other side until it's on the ground