New VF/A-18 Squadron: The Devil's Reapers

Pac-Man

The mission of VFA-248: The Devil's Reapers is to bring players of all experience and backgrounds to a world of immersion and accurate simulation while providing the enjoyment of your downtime with the FA/-18. We are currently a 4 wing flight looking to expand. In being a Reaper, you will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of flight, navigation, and combat tactics. You will also be able to enjoy the realism DCS World has to offer by not only learning to fly like a combat pilot, but how to speak like one. Liberty is also a very important. We also enjoy a great deal of fun, laughter, and socialization which brings a tight nit team.

BECOME A REAPER!!!

http://reaperactual.com/vfa248/

Join us today!!

1120079621_ReaperPatch.thumb.png.1b581754802c471fa1fa01fccfbc1d06.png

VFA248.thumb.jpg.56cebf11c0220b4598e1a7ca72fb3109.jpg

Edited by Pac-Man

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Be the Reaper

We have already begun designing a Reaper seen here on the F-15C until the FA/18 is available

1456050687_2017-02-0112_39_45-DigitalCombatSimulator.thumb.png.932d8325d251564efc15041948ade5b2.png

1739138132_2017-02-0112_40_22-DigitalCombatSimulator.thumb.png.661fcc7cb43751e53c5faaf445e960f9.png

1503588044_2017-02-0112_40_49-DigitalCombatSimulator.png.e17ab770fad2af7bab056120d250312c.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

Depending on how real you want to go, I have the DoD 1993 Tactical Paint Scheme for the F-14 that you could easily apply to the F-15 being that the aircraft have similar shape. Let me know and I'm happy to provide instructions.

Also for realism, NATOPS requires that 75% of a helmet be white reflective tape so that aviators can be found at sea after (ahem) separating from aircraft. You could put your helmet logo on a white background and satisfy that detail.

Good luck standing up VFA-248. I already have a squadron, but I'm happy to provide assistance in all things USN.

The mission of VFA-248: The Devil's Reapers is to bring players of all experience and backgrounds to a world of immersion and accurate simulation while providing the enjoyment of your downtime with the FA/-18. We are currently a 4 wing flight looking to expand. In being a Reaper, you will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of flight, navigation, and combat tactics. You will also be able to enjoy the realism DCS World has to offer by not only learning to fly like a combat pilot, but how to speak like one. Liberty is also a very important. We also enjoy a great deal of fun, laughter, and socialization which brings a tight nit team.

BECOME A REAPER!!!

http://www.ReaperActual.com > Flight squadron website currently under construction

Join us today!!

I'll give you credit for your tenaciousness. You stated that when the AF/18 is available Isn't it actually the A/F-18?

I honestly don't think that this going to happen with this developer. I personally worked with ED several years ago. I had submitted several NAVTOP documents that I have in my possession. And I know of several others that have contributed This was, I guess about 10 years ago. Nothing ever seems

to come out of it. So after all of these years of waiting I honestly don't see this happening... Although I do give you great respect for what you plan on doing and wish you good luck with you're project.

If you haven't already checked you might try VRS Simulation They've been in development for years and have hit all of the bases..

Blaze~

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F/A-18_Hornet

Thank you for the information. I know it is a long shot dealing with ED. However, worst case scenario, we keep doing what we have been doing which is using mods or just flying the F-15 until if/when it releases. Thank you for the best wishes. We'll all just have to hope.

And I believe it is F/A-18 Hornet. At least that is what I have always read and been told.

-PacMan

Edited by Pac-Man

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll give you credit for your tenaciousness. You stated that when the AF/18 is available Isn't it actually the A/F-18?

I honestly don't think that this going to happen with this developer. I personally worked with ED several years ago. I had submitted several NAVTOP documents that I have in my possession. And I know of several others that have contributed This was, I guess about 10 years ago. Nothing ever seems

to come out of it. So after all of these years of waiting I honestly don't see this happening... Although I do give you great respect for what you plan on doing and wish you good luck with you're project.

If you haven't already checked you might try VRS Simulation They've been in development for years and have hit all of the bases..

Blaze~

What are you talking about? Yes, ED modules take a long time to complete, but the F/A-18 is in the late stages of development... They're producing a new map for it as well as a carrier module.

Of course it's going to be released.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• 1 month later...

News!!!

I've recently built an awesome system, with a 1 TB ssd.. This has enables me to load a lot of various flight sims with a lot of space leftover...

I've recently been trying to install VRS's F/A-18... Its a real issue trying to get all of their add-ons to function, sort of like Falcon back in the day. They don't have the FSX source code, and its difficult to get there add-ons to work.. This is just about the way that Falcon operated as well.. the good thing about VRS is the clickable cockpit with emulated touch screen.. This is a very sophisticated system and takes a lot of study to perfect it...I'm not that found of the graphics in VRS, (I have a Asus GTx 1050 video card) but again the cockpit is awesome...

I've been a big fan of ED since the beginning, as I've even flown Flanker in 2D as well as 3D.. LOL...

I'm really interested in Ed's version as I prefer their game engine...

Since you gentlemen seem to be immersed in the DCS version of F/A-18 is there any news as to when this module will be released, or anything that's fresh????

Blaze~

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I've recently built an awesome system, with a 1 TB ssd.. This has enables me to load a lot of various flight sims with a lot of space leftover...

I've recently been trying to install VRS's F/A-18... Its a real issue trying to get all of their add-ons to function, sort of like Falcon back in the day. They don't have the FSX source code, and its difficult to get there add-ons to work.. This is just about the way that Falcon operated as well.. the good thing about VRS is the clickable cockpit with emulated touch screen.. This is a very sophisticated system and takes a lot of study to perfect it...I'm not that found of the graphics in VRS, (I have a Asus GTx 1050 video card) but again the cockpit is awesome...

I've been a big fan of ED since the beginning, as I've even flown Flanker in 2D as well as 3D.. LOL...

I'm really interested in Ed's version as I prefer their game engine...

Since you gentlemen seem to be immersed in the DCS version of F/A-18 is there any news as to when this module will be released, or anything that's fresh????

Blaze~

Nothing has been released about the DCS version of the F/A-18, other then we will get information about it after the Normandy Map release. Which i believe is set to release in May. So maybe new info around end of May, early June.

We have looked into VRS, But don't know a lot about it. As far as multiplayer and other assets in the game.

If your just swanning about in F15c you might as well go ahead and fly the F/A 18c mod that some of the carrier squadrons are using . Then you can get your Carrier landing procedures dialed in:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182265

We have messed with some of the F/A-18 mods. Problem we find is you are flying a F-15 or SU-33 depending on which mod.

Edited by RAFS Relic

If you use the VFA 113 mod you are using the SU33 avionics, which means you can use it for A2A or selective A2G, (plus you have functions like Hook and autothrotlle). If you are using the VSN_FA18 you can set the avionics package you want to use.

In our flying group I assessed the different mods , preselected the avionics and uploaded the 'approved" version of the AC and how to get them set up for our guys to DL.

This way the lads were able to get familiar with CASE I and III recovery ala what VHA113 does. Then we were able to use the birds on various combat operations as well.

If you think this is an option PM me and I'll explain things in more detail.

Edited by Los

Pity there's only one vfa using the FA-18 mod of which I'm aware. The 113th guys are great but fly their missions Friday nights when I'm unavailable. :(

Edited by flycats2

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

I think the vfa113 is still worth a join! I'd go back in a heartbeat with actual f18s. I found the mod to be a bit...distracting.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

If you use the VFA 113 mod you are using the SU33 avionics, which means you can use it for A2A or selective A2G, (plus you have functions like Hook and autothrotlle). If you are using the VSN_FA18 you can set the avionics package you want to use.

In our flying group I assessed the different mods , preselected the avionics and uploaded the 'approved" version of the AC and how to get them set up for our guys to DL.

This way the lads were able to get familiar with CASE I and III recovery ala what VHA113 does. Then we were able to use the birds on various combat operations as well.

If you think this is an option PM me and I'll explain things in more detail.

Yes we have used both mods. If i remember correctly VFA113 uses there mod and they have added to the lua's to make it as real as possible. With our group I think it would be best to not have them practice and get familiar with modded aircraft which use different avionics. Lets be honest. The SU-33 going to handle completely different from the F/A-18. But with the other mods the F-15 and Su-27 Avionics will again be far from the F/A-18. This is why my group stays away from those mods. Thank you though for the information, if we decide to go back into the mods I will be sure to send you a PM.

Pity there's only one vfa using the FA-18 mod of which I'm aware. The 113th guys are great but fly their missions Friday nights when I'm unavailable. :(

Flycats2 if you are interested in a group to fly with check out our website or feel free to send me a message about our operation times. For some reason when you click on my sig it doesnt take you to our VFA-248 website it takes you to our groud forces website. I will be looking into this today and fixing it. But for now reaperactual.com/vfa248 should take you there. thanks

Any kind of jet that enables launching and trapping on a carrier gets my blood pumping and add a2a & a2g capability is close to living the dream.

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Training

What days do you guys fly/train?

We typically train every Sunday at 2100 EST and a few members are flying pretty much every night

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Hello again, Just wanted to let those who are interested in finding a squadron we are currently still recruiting pilots. It doesn't matter how much experience you have practice makes perfect. We are currently training on Sundays and will be adding an additional day. We train with the Su-33 for carrier landings, the F-15 for A2A and the A-10c for A2G. So if anyone is interested or has any questions feel free to send me a private message or if you feel like joining jump on our website and fill out the questions on our join us page. Thank you

im interested in joining.. but i do not want to install any mods..

is flying with the Su33 possible with you guys?

nevermind.. just read the above posts!

I have emailed you and added you to steam. Thank you for your interests in our squadron and look forward to speaking with you.