Paratrooper?

mytai01

We should have paratroopers and air assault troops for DCS. Perhaps be able to drop a team to lase targets for air stiles and such...

• Like 1

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

We should have paratroopers and air assault troops for DCS. Perhaps be able to drop a team to lase targets for air stiles and such...

It is sad when one of the Viggen instant missions is a paratrooper drop intercept and not a trooper is actually dropped at anytime during the mission.:huh:

• Like 1

Yes, if wide body aircraft were supported more, not need to be playable, through AI, you could load troops, vehicels, tanks, guns, and drop them off, and the AA could target and try to shoot these down if no other higher priority targets around.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 years later...

Going to add my +1 for this idea. Was just thinking this would be cool to have. Not just having a transport fly over a spot and suddenly poof, troops on the ground but actually seeing a squadron jumping out of say a C-130 when the AI C-130 enters a trigger zone. It would really add to the immersion.

We have yet paratroopers (on the ww2 assets pack) as US paratroopers, but only as ground soldier, not parachute animation and handling, but whit the include the future C-47 Dakota transport, ED can "implement" them to get more functionality.