DCS 2.5 (T4) Terrain Upgrade Question

Sport

Like many others, I'm excited for the new terrain engine to be released, mostly from a visual standpoint more than anything else. One of the things that's always bothered me, though, is how all the airfields in the simulation are devoid of any ground service equipment or infrastructure. For example, Sochi-Adler is a highly developed international airport, but has no terminal building.

I personally enjoy populating my airfields within missions to look and feel "alive" with parking stands, refueling or rearming operations underway, abandoned equipment pushed to a corner of the airfield, etc. For me, it's just another level of immersion.

ED did a great job on Las Vegas and the NTTR map with populating airfields. Could we expect to see the Caucasus map brought up to this standard or is it merely a terrain engine upgrade?

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Could we expect to see the Caucasus map brought up to this standard or is it merely a terrain engine upgrade?

Assume the latter and perhaps, at some future time, the former will happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sochi (and most of the others, actually) is not the best example, as our map represents the airbases as they were in early-to mid 2000s, nearly all of them still ex- or active military back then. Wasn't until recent years when many of them were converted to civilian airports with new facilities built (especially Sochi, pretty much bulldozed down and completely revamped before winter olympics games).

On the last WIP shots we could see some changes being made to existing bases (demolished aircraft shelters being most noticeable), so maybe there will some other details added - it still depends on what "timeframe" they're aiming at with the updated map.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.