[FIXED] How do you get unlimited ammo to work ?

AdurianJ

I've noticed this issue, along with a lack of the text when you hover the mouse over cockpit buttons, on other aircraft recently as well. I believe that the problem is not related to the aircraft itself, but to the mission files. When creating a mission, the mission creator has the ability not only to determine whether unlimited ammo is on or off by default in the mission, but also the ability to override the existing user settings to force this choice for this mission.

It may be necessary to go into the Mission Editor, open up the mission that you wish to fly, and uncheck the box to the left of where it says "Unlimited Ammo".

It would be useful, in the future, if mission creators did not deliberately check the left box to force users to have limited ammunition or to force tooltips off, especially when creating training missions where many people might wish to use these features for practice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This aircraft is useless, without weapons

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

If you're doing some single player ( testing ) it is useless

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

create a mission with in air start 30km away from the target area. Give the waypoint a time cause it will be an attack point then without have to enter 9 in TAKT and press B1, B2 or any other. then you can test very quick. with shift+R you can quickstart the mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, but that's not a solution

Yep not working.... nice to know one can't practice to get better at using the jet for what it was designed to do....

Perhaps it will work in 2.0 Nevada.... will try that one....

It's related to a general rearming bug. Nevada is actually behind in updated right now so it's actually worse. 1.5.6 atleast you can rearm bombs now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi guys,

sorry just seen this thread.

A bug was reported for the SU-25T and unlimited ammo not working, it seems other aircraft were effected also.

Hopefully this will be resolved on the next patch.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hopefully, yes

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

sorry just seen this thread.

A bug was reported for the SU-25T and unlimited ammo not working, it seems other aircraft were effected also.

Hopefully this will be resolved on the next patch.

Unlimited ammo seems to be fine (bombs, rockets) in the Su-25T in 2.1.0u1, but the Viggen is still a "one shot" plane where that option has no effect.

My bad! I haven't coded up the function for CK37 to re-check whether there are new weapons on the stations after they have fired. Sorry for late response.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thanks for looking into it, RagnarDa!

Some might frown upon using the Unlimited Ammo option, and I understand that. But for more casual vpilots like me these days, it really helps alot to enjoy the aircraft more. Like, 10 minutes startup, setting up the CK, taxiing, take-off, getting to the IP. Then 2 minutes practicing the actual weapon delivery (and most likely making errors and trying to learn from it) ... but then another 10 minutes to get back, land, rearm and start over all again.

Instead, having the chance to correct errors right away and seeing the differences it makes, is just priceless! :-)

Btw, it is not that the new weapons can not be used because the systems are not initialized sufficiently. It is even so that no new weapons appear at all. I would guess, the module has to acknowledge that it will accept new weapons when DCS fires some sort of rearming event in mid-flight?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...