External Views don't work during watch track

Fionn

Functions Keys work in control settings, ie pressing F2 takes me to the outside plane view binding. But when in the plane during the track I cannot get outside to view. None of the F keys do anything. It is fine when I am actually flying, it only happens when I watch the track back.

Is this known or am I missing something. It works fine on 2.0 and 1.5 Release, just beta that it isn't working :huh:

• 10 months later...

You're right. Just noticed it yesterday.

Don't know when it started to happen, but external views certainly don't work when playing track files.

This is quite an old post, so either nobody cares about it, or it has been solved and we're doing something wrong?!?

Most likely doing something wrong, though I don't know what :D. Just checked latest 1.5.8OB and the views work OK both in flight and replays. Keep in mind, however, that replay views functionalilty has always been dependent on gameplay settings and mission editor options, so you probably have some options combination which prevents externals from working in tracks.

Remove your old options.lua file (from Saved Games location), let the game rebuild a new one and check again.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.