speedboat stopping short of beech!

acdelta57

Hey guys, as the title says im pulling my hair out as i cant get my speed boat that gets activated by trigger to follow his waypoints to the beach. They always stop short! Any ideas what im missing? Even when i just put a random boat on the water with no activation and way points he stops short of the beach so its not my trigger causing it i dont think?:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

and by "short" i mean like 1.5nm, he doesnt even get close. always about halfway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Hey guys, as the title says im pulling my hair out as i cant get my speed boat that gets activated by trigger to follow his waypoints to the beach. They always stop short! Any ideas what im missing? Even when i just put a random boat on the water with no activation and way points he stops short of the beach so its not my trigger causing it i dont think?:helpsmilie:

Ruling out "Dispersion under fire" settings, the DCSW engine is faulty, same thing happens with most ground vehicles and troops, they just get tired and can't go on.

Been seeing this in my mission testing lately, missions run in old DCSW v1.216 have no problem getting to their waypoints, copy the same mission into DCSW v1.55x and mission stops working because guys can't walk all the way to a trigger zone, or cars following waypoints on road, swerve off road and stop in the bush and stay there permantely, haven't done boats for a while, but I suspect it is the same.

Needs to be formally reported.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Where is it on the map? I know ships stop if their route intersects land, but I don't think I've ever seen it stop more than a few hundred meters from land. I don't know that would apply to trying to simulate an amphibious landing of some kind. Its worth testing out especially because there is that WW2 landing ship getting added at somepoint.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Ships will stop short of land, always have. But the distance is a few hundred metres for me. I did a lot of testing with landing ships, the only way to get them to beach is deactivate the approaching one and activate one thats already there (and disable its AI else it attempts to turn round)

Side note: ground troops don't go swimming easily either, which is a shame for the amphibious ones. They do survive and sit in water if you spawn them directly, but dont do anything much. Having said that never gave them a route due to being a spawned thing.

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Ships will stop short of land, always have. But the distance is a few hundred metres for me. I did a lot of testing with landing ships, the only way to get them to beach is deactivate the approaching one and activate one thats already there (and disable its AI else it attempts to turn round)

Side note: ground troops don't go swimming easily either, which is a shame for the amphibious ones. They do survive and sit in water if you spawn them directly, but dont do anything much. Having said that never gave them a route due to being a spawned thing.

As far as I know there are no amphibious ground vehicles in game, at least the behavior for it isn't coded, there are vehicles that are supposed to be amphibious. There actually is a "canSwim" and "canWade" value stored for vehicles, but the "swimming" part just isn't there. The canWade value defines if it can cross small rivers. That said I have spawned ground vehicles directly on water and as long as they are AI, they will follow orders. Can't remember if they crossed back onto shore though.

Speaking of water issues... any word on 2.0 water being suitable for small craft?

In terms of the larger rivers or just getting closer to shore? For the shore issue I've reported it. But larger rivers or any "non-ocean" body of water it comes down to how water is handled in the game in general. I don't know if that will change at all.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum