BK90 issues

Cletust8

When carrying bk90s and rb74s, when I try to launch the bk90 in series it launches a bk90 and an rb74. Does this twice. In addition, the bk90 mix has skeet type explosions deadly to vehicles, the m1 and m2 both have HE type explosions that are relatively ineffective.

So I can't use BK90 and lets say Mavericks at the same time? Or the RB05's and BK90's?

Nope. You pick one A2G weapon system and then you can add Sidewinders and/or countermeasures to that as you please. There is one exception to this and that's the gun pods - you can combine those with either rb 05 or rb 75 (but nothing else).

The devs have said they're considering relaxing this (realistic) restriction though.

It would just be important that this restriction is heavily mentioned somewhere where everybody reads it.

For example in a red box in the manual. Or in a small sheet in the cockpit, or in the kneeboard or in one of the in-game tutorials.

Edited by Zabuza

Relaxing something already realistic would be pretty sad.

I agree.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

How about an option to turn the restriction on/off as the user desires, like we already have with some aircraft, that way you can choose to be relaxed or realistic without forcing everyone into the same boat.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It`s fair if they want to start laxing on things, but make it under game option or special. If we start laxing things now, just to suit the bigger audience, it will be a irreversible effect which will in the long run make DCS ace combat. I`m sure there are ways to implement it to not harm the module in a SIMULATOR in any degree.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree as well. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Back on topic, I too have experienced the sidewinder launching while dropping the BK90.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Another little snippet from me, don't know whether it is reported or not but, if we mix types of BK90 (ie taking MJ1 loaded ones in wing pylons and MJ2 or Mixed loaded ones under the chin pylons), weapon system acts as if we have loaded different weapons, and it will not release some of the dispensers from aircraft.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

If you find that sad, then you find sad also all the takeoff assistances of the WW2 planes, (which by the way I set to 0), and the nosewheel behaviour of the sabre?

A bit of flexibility, maybe a clever engineer came up with a solution to carry several different AtG weapons on the Viggen in 2017....

By the way, as the A-10 and the Mirage, and the Su-2, and and... can do.....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

If you find that sad, then you find sad also all the takeoff assistances of the WW2 planes, (which by the way I set to 0), and the nosewheel behaviour of the sabre?

A bit of flexibility, maybe a clever engineer came up with a solution to carry several different AtG weapons on the Viggen in 2017....

By the way, as the A-10 and the Mirage, and the Su-2, and and... can do.....

There is a fair bit of difference between fudging something to work within the limits of computer hardware and changing the way something worked in real life for game reasons. The limitations on a2g ordinance is limited because the real viggens computer couldn't handle it. The mirage also has some restrictions on a2g load outs because of its real life computer issues I believe.