Question regarding countermeasures

GVO

Hello fellow Viggen pilots,

I'm testing the jamming and countermeasures on the Viggen.

My problem is, it will not auto release chaffs when locked and fired upon.

I've read the part in the manual a few times but still no luck.

KB mode selector in mode A - done

Chaff / flare selector in mode R+F - done

Streak selector in mode 0 - done

KB release switch INT - done

The Viggen is of course loaded with countermeasures and chaffs/flares :)

Anyone can give some more detailed information about the topic or some help to get this to work?

Thanks,

• 8 months later...

I'm having the same problem, i cannot get the auto countermeasure release to work.

My understanding is that the auto release can be initiated by either the APP-27 RWR or the U22/U22A pods, i'm having no luck with either method :helpsmilie:?.

I have read and followed the manual exactly please can somebody confirm that the auto release is functioning correctly.

Thanks...

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Playing version 1.5.7 and these are my settings:-

KB mode selector in mode A (automatic).

Chaff / flare selector in mode R.

Streak selector in mode 0.

KB release switch: INT or KONT (tried both).

U22A set to B-K (tried other combinations as well).

KB pod has 70 chaff and 36 flare.

Testing against BUK 11 SAM site and getting the flashing MOTVERK light when pointing the pod directly at SAM site. As soon as BUK 11 goes into tracking mode and launches a missile nothing happens .... no auto release of chaff ??.

Have uninstalled the Viggen, run a repair and and reinstalled and deactivated all mods just to be sure.

Please can someone point out where i'm going wrong :).

Thanks.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I have assigned the KB release switch to keyboard keys and it is now releasing chaff in auto mode when i set the release switch to the INT position.

So it looks like the mislabeled KB release switch does not actually function when mouse clicked. I seem to vaguely remember that was maybe mentioned in a change log a while back ??.

Unfortunately i have run out of play time tonight but will try and assign the KB release switch to my HOTAS tomorrow and see what happens.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm: Clicking the KB release switch with the mouse does not initiate the CM programs, as I just noticed...

Haven't tried with keys as I did not know about the issue. Fast released worked fine.

So what's the status on this bug?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm rather lost on the Viggen's countermeasures as well. I have the release buttons programmed to my joystick, but they all end up doing the same thing: releasing a single chaff/flare/both at ~1 second intervals. Changing dispenser programs does nothing either, as every single program will only release a single chaff/flare/both at ~1 second intervals for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm rather lost on the Viggen's countermeasures as well. I have the release buttons programmed to my joystick, but they all end up doing the same thing: releasing a single chaff/flare/both at ~1 second intervals. Changing dispenser programs does nothing either, as every single program will only release a single chaff/flare/both at ~1 second intervals for me.

Yes, I feel the same.

Something is not working rightnow.

Well, I just tested it yesterday and there is a difference between the programs. Program 1 did release chaffs faster than program 2 did.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 11 months later...
Is it still the same problem with mouse click kb to INT position?

Clicking the switch works fine now.

Tornado3 small.jpg