Nice Baranek video showing F-14A HUD

BlackLion213

This video gives a nice look at the F-14A's HUD during some ACM practice on deployment against another F-14.

The rest of the video is nice as well, with footage of launch, tanking, ACM, and recovery.

The HUD was acting up during this video (due to a loose connection), but it shows the symbology and general functionality well. Also, the HUD lag isn't too noticeable during roll and pitch, it is the velocity vector that was particularly laggy - which is why it was deactivated for most in-flight HUD modes (a practical solution! :P).

Also, Bio's youtube channel has some other period videos (shot on VHS!). Nothing unprecedented, but generally fun to watch.

-Nick

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing it, Nick! :)

I agree, the HUD refresh rate doesn't seems to be that slow.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This video gives a nice look at the F-14A's HUD during some ACM practice on deployment against another F-14.

The rest of the video is nice as well, with footage of launch, tanking, ACM, and recovery.

The HUD was acting up during this video (due to a loose connection), but it shows the symbology and general functionality well. Also, the HUD lag isn't too noticeable during roll and pitch, it is the velocity vector that was particularly laggy - which is why it was deactivated for most in-flight HUD modes (a practical solution! :P).

Also, Bio's youtube channel has some other period videos (shot on VHS!). Nothing unprecedented, but generally fun to watch.

-Nick

in the video i don't notice any lagging that was in the video LN provided .I know its WIP but they insist its working as intended, Guess theyl have to re-examine this.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Good video!

Nick? Was that you testing the pre alpha the other day?! :D

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Good video!

Nick? Was that you testing the pre alpha the other day?! :D

Hmmm...my haircut does bear a certain resemblance from that picture (debate whether thats good or bad)....:music_whistling:

16508055_1832698973619439_6786129405509521968_n.jpg?oh=0896f8a18607fda85ae68cad5d39e707&oe=59005AD2

But it is most certainly not me! :) If only I were so lucky, but 2017 seems to be the year so I'll count us all as VERY fortunate if things continue as predicted. :thumbup:

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

:D

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache