When is the Tomcat expected to be released?

escaner

With the Viggen already in the open beta, I guess more work will be done in the Tomcat pretty soon.

Is there any info on the current state of the F-14, or whether a release could be expected during this year or maybe 2018?

Thank's a lot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cobra and Co said during the AMA we'll get some Tomcat info after the Viggen release.

Obviously the team are furiously patching and improving the Viggen at the moment, but I'd say we might get some news in the next couple of months.

I wouldn't expect the F-14 until late this year at the earliest though, I'd like to be wrong, but I'm going to assume 2018 to be safe.

Cobra and Co said during the AMA we'll get some Tomcat info after the Viggen release.

Obviously the team are furiously patching and improving the Viggen at the moment, but I'd say we might get some news in the next couple of months.

I wouldn't expect the F-14 until late this year at the earliest though, I'd like to be wrong, but I'm going to assume 2018 to be safe.

2018 would be my guess too.

I would beg to differ, in my opinion heat death of the universe sounds way cooler. :music_whistling:

That used to be my usual smart-alec response to people asking about release dates. Then it was pointed out to me that 'heat death' is no longer an accepted failure mode for the universe.

Speculating from the information we have I would suspect that it is going to be released in 2017. The F-14 seems to be functional with most of the systems running. The carrier however I don't know at what state is currently and I also don't know if Leatherneck would be willing to release the Tomcat without the carrier. Combining that with the delays we have seen so far in DCS I'm not certain it will be released in 2017 although I hope it will. Now speculating a specific date I think it could be released in May 13th which Top Gun day or September 22nd which was the last flight of the Tomcat in 2006. Personally I like the idea of it being released in September 22nd as it woulb be like an homage to the plane itself and to the people associated with it. Of course if it is ready to be released before I wouldn't mind

For the phoenix weapon and carrier, i can wait longer...... i will fling training on nevada map ;)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

2018 and then two weeks, Id be surprised to see it this year to be honest,

me too

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

On facebook its a new screenshot of the ingame cockpit :O

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

2017. No exceptions. Unless some cataclysmic event occurs, or serious bodily harm/illness to integral F-14 team members.

Quoted for future reference ;)

Just joking. But that is good news. A lot of people here are very pessimistic about aircraft and feature release schedules, for which they can't really be blamed, since this is par for the course in the very long history and development of DCS and DCS World. Leatherneck has now released (well in pre-release actually thats still good in my book) two full supersonic PFM modules. As far as I know they are the only DCS developer to have done so, so Im gonna be optimistic with this one little part of DCS at least. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

On facebook its a new screenshot of the ingame cockpit :O

Yeah, 104th Maverick could already playtest the Cat :cry:

https://www.facebook.com/leathernecksim/photos/a.1603722746517064.1073741830.1586481878241151/1832698973619439/?type=3&theater

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Im goose im will play :P

System

Cobra is feeling generous today! :D Lots of warm and fuzzy hints about the F14 :D

Well as long as he is answering questions, might as well ask one:

What about the F14B? Same time as A version, or will we have to wait for it?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Cobra is feeling generous today! :D Lots of warm and fuzzy hints about the F14 :D

Well as long as he is answering questions, might as well ask one:

What about the F14B? Same time as A version, or will we have to wait for it?

It's actually more likely the F-14B would be first if we do a tiered approach. -B is lead development version.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/