LNS AJS-37 Skins

Timka01

Here is another picture I found...

Also I have askled the SAAB VIGGEN forum in Sweden to get help with more detailed pictrures and maybe better shots of the "logos" and the "mustangryttaren" - Hopefully we will get halp soon!

Dude where did you find this pic haha VERY cool one

*mangotango* I sear YOU'RE THE MAN :thumbup: Many thanks man will update my Viggen Skin and allow me to put your name too :thumbup: Will back working on it and update it after I finish a new skin that I'm working on now and LOVE IT :smilewink:

Very appreciated your followup and help *mangotango* I can work on the horse thing logo no problem but the other logo on the left from it it's not clear for me to work on :( If you'll have a clear one for it that'll be awesome. Again really appreciated you :thumbup:

The white logo with a 3 in it is the emblem of the 163rd fighter squadron (3/F 16, "Petter Gul") out of Uppsala. Here it is as a helmet sticker:

Sh8wy2u.jpg

Older version from the Draken era:

3RykEm3.jpg

The building outlines in the bottom are Uppsala castle and cathedral - the silhouettes are sorta iconic for the city since it's on a big flat plain and the castle and cathedral are both on a ridge that make them stick up far over everything else. "Östra Aros" is an older name for the city. I grew up there and there were Viggens making noise over the city almost every day for most of my teenage years.

The mustang rider emblem originates with the early days of the 16th air wing, when it flew surplus Mustangs.

The Viggen Facebook group is by far the best source of historical Viggen photos on the entire internet, there's nothing that even comes close. For squadron badges and such things see uniformsdetaljer.com.

Edited by renhanxue

well, "find"... these are things I know by heart, you know :V The only reason I didn't post it earlier was because you didn't ask.

I'm not kidding, I think every single link on uniformsdetaljer.com is in the purple "you've clicked this before" state in my browser since years and years ago and it's very rare for me these days to see a historical Viggen photo I haven't seen before.

(I think I may need help, please stage an intervention)

The white logo with a 3 in it is the emblem of the 163rd fighter squadron (3/F 16, "Petter Gul") out of Uppsala. Here it is as a helmet sticker:

Sh8wy2u.jpg

Older version from the Draken era:

3RykEm3.jpg

The building outlines in the bottom are Uppsala castle and cathedral - the silhouettes are sorta iconic for the city since it's on a big flat plain and the castle and cathedral are both on a ridge that make them stick up far over everything else. "Östra Aros" is an older name for the city. I grew up there and there were Viggens making noise over the city almost every day for most of my teenage years.

The mustang rider emblem originates with the early days of the 16th air wing, when it flew surplus Mustangs.

The Viggen Facebook group is by far the best source of historical Viggen photos on the entire internet, there's nothing that even comes close. For squadron badges and such things see uniformsdetaljer.com.

Very much appreciated your help thanks indeed (Taka :) Will update it asap...btw I'd lived in Sweden (Orebro) for more than 2 years still know some Swedish :smilewink:

well, "find"... these are things I know by heart, you know :V The only reason I didn't post it earlier was because you didn't ask.

I'm not kidding, I think every single link on uniformsdetaljer.com is in the purple "you've clicked this before" state in my browser since years and years ago and it's very rare for me these days to see a historical Viggen photo I haven't seen before.

(I think I may need help, please stage an intervention)

Mycket trevlig sida! Tror jag besökte den när jag sökte grad beteckningar till Alf "AFFE" Ingesson Thoor som pilot i en simulerad T-6 Harvard i P3D

;-)

• 3 weeks later...
Any news Timka?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry busy working...and trying my best to finish the Mig-29A that'd promised will try my best to finish it tonight then will back working on the AJS-37 will try to make it ready asap :)

Fixes to the master textures are now complete; the paintkit should be available next week. :)

:clap_2:

I should have six squadron packs ready to go shortly following the release!

• VA-34 Blue Blasters
  • VA-52 Knightriders
  • VA-75 Sunday Punchers
  • VA-85 Black Falcons
  • VA-196 Main Battery
  • VMA(AW)-533 Hawks

Could you possibly post the list Cobra? I'd love to know if there is an Aussie one in there

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

So sorry busy working...and trying my best to finish the Mig-29A that'd promised will try my best to finish it tonight then will back working on the AJS-37 will try to make it ready asap :)

No stress! Do you want me to help you with something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk