Mig 29 S Data Link ?

Neon67

Only Su-27 and Su-33 currently have data link.

Really ? I didnt even notice that These 2 have datalink implemented yet !

how's datalink working in these FC3 birds ? :huh:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

It works great, especially together with AWACS that allows you to do perform stealthy intercepts with your radar turned off. But Fighter-Fighter datalink only works in singleplayer.

Edit: consult the manual, tutorials or youtube for how to use it. It is fairly easy to understand. But basicly you find all datalink info on your HDD, not on the HUD.

Edited by Schmidtfire

It's really handy feature if you ask me, especially when flying with friend. You can more easily detect enemy, direct attack, it's easier to approximately estimate range to enemy without locking and in general it really, really improves SA. To make it work you need to only turn on radar once.

Edited by RastahMan

The HDD gives you all sorts of information and if you have AWACS or EWR operating it gives you better SA than you'll have in an Eagle or M2000 (yes, really). In an attack situation it will even tell you which of your wingmen has targeted which enemy aircraft. Have a read of this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160144

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

The HDD gives you all sorts of information and if you have AWACS or EWR operating it gives you better SA than you'll have in an Eagle or M2000 (yes, really). In an attack situation it will even tell you which of your wingmen has targeted which enemy aircraft. Have a read of this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160144

Thanks for finding that thread. I was going to go look for it. Now I don't have to.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks for finding that thread. I was going to go look for it. Now I don't have to.

No problem :) I've got a list of 'useful info' threads that keep cropping up as relevant answers to questions every so often.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.