Flight computer functions not implemented?

SnorreSelmer

So I'm currently writing myself a how-to document on the various computer functions, read from the declassified swedish manuals, and I have come upon a few functions I can't get to work.

I start up the jet as per checklist in the beta manual and load the cartridge. I then put the computer in TAKT, set a waypoint to target waypoint, set the computer to TID and enter a ToT for the target waypoint. When I try to get the timer count-down, the readout is just blank. I go in and verify that Time of Day is correct and that the ToT is set. I even set target speed for the waypoint before the target, and I still get nothing..

Am I doing something wrong or is this just not implemented yet?

Also, I can't do the data verifications in TAKT mode (fuel reserve setting and waypoint status readouts), but as these aren't super important, I don't expect them to be implemented yet.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm just getting more and more confused.. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.. I've been using the Moscow Takedown SP mission, and I'm having various quirks pop up there. Tried to do the exact same task on a homemade quickie I made, that worked fine, same with the Mozdok Attack SP mission.

I'm leaving this one alone for a while, until I can pin down exactly what's going wrong (for all I know, it could be something I do).

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I'm currently writing myself a how-to document on the various computer functions, read from the declassified swedish manuals, and I have come upon a few functions I can't get to work.

I start up the jet as per checklist in the beta manual and load the cartridge. I then put the computer in TAKT, set a waypoint to target waypoint, set the computer to TID and enter a ToT for the target waypoint. When I try to get the timer count-down, the readout is just blank. I go in and verify that Time of Day is correct and that the ToT is set. I even set target speed for the waypoint before the target, and I still get nothing..

Am I doing something wrong or is this just not implemented yet?

Also, I can't do the data verifications in TAKT mode (fuel reserve setting and waypoint status readouts), but as these aren't super important, I don't expect them to be implemented yet.

Were you on the ground?

Did you select the target waypoint?

Hi,:)

Yea, its kind of frustrating, but they all do work you just have to do it exactly as they say, I'm having problems learning it all too. so we are in the same boat. I think its kind of cool in a nostalgic kind of way. right now I'm learning pop up points, mark points, nav fixes and terriain following. haven't got to TOT and that TAkT switch yet. you can open the manual on your desktop before opening DCS, leave it open, then when you are in the game, you can hit alt+tab and it will open the manual in game. then you can hook up ground power and mess with the nav system and read the manual too. hang in there:smartass::book::joystick: you will get it

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What definitely works (at least for me) is setting TOT in the editor.

I had a mission with waypoint 7 being the release point for my RB-15F. I've set a TOT in the editor on this waypoint and unchecked the boxes for the previous waypoints. The editor computed the TOT for the rest of the waypoints, the required speed was 'red' because it was so slow.

However in-game it worked very well. I checked the CK-37 and it had assigned a TOT on M7 (which automatically was a target waypoint because of the RB-15F I guess) and I got the correct takeoff time in the display.

I did it like Bunyap shows here (at 5:50):

Were you on the ground?

Did you select the target waypoint?

I was on the ground, yes.

The exact way I did it was as follows:

REF/LOLA > 9099 > LS/SKU

TAKT > 9 > B7

TID > [current + 1hr, six digits] > B7

When I selected TID > UT, sometimes I got a good readout, sometimes it was just all black squares.

Also, I know it works in the ME, but that won't work in MP events like the ones we have in our vWing. The flight computer is all you have there.

Edited by SnorreSelmer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]