Trigger Safe/Unsage Keys

FOXFIRE TWOONE

Are there suppose to be keyboard key press available for the Trigger Safe/Unsafe slots in controls. If so what are they. I am not able even manually assign anything.

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Are there suppose to be keyboard key press available for the Trigger Safe/Unsafe slots in controls. If so what are they. I am not able even manually assign anything.

Thanks

You can bind them to your joystick or some keys, but iirc, the keys aren't set up by default and therefor you have to assign them manually to a key if you want to have it on a key

You can bind them to your joystick or some keys, but iirc, the keys aren't set up by default and therefor you have to assign them manually to a key if you want to have it on a key

Yes I know that I can assign key commands my self if I were able but when I highlight the command line it remains solid and I am not able to make the changes. So if others are, then there is a problem with my copy of the sim.

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Your DCS is fine but you didn't exactly get what he is trying to tell you :)

Currently DCS is missing the binding on this action to the keyboard. It only lists Joysticks as possible entry.

If you want to use the keyboard (and do not want to wait for LNS to fix it), you may temporarily fix it by yourself.

This is done by manipulating the file which lists all bindings (there is one for joysticks and one for the keyboard). You find it here:

DCS\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\keyboard\default.lua

(the one for joysticks is ...\joystick\default.lua)

Simply open it with a text-editor like notepad++ and add your own custom entries. The entries you are looking for are:

{down = 3300, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, name = 'Trigger safety bracket ARM', category = 'Weapons'},
{down = 3300, value_down = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, name = 'Trigger safety bracket SAFE', category = 'Weapons'},

Add them to the default.lua file for the keyboard and magically you can assign them also to the keyboard.

This thread may also help:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182198

Your DCS is fine but you didn't exactly get what he is trying to tell you :)

Currently DCS is missing the binding on this action to the keyboard. It only lists Joysticks as possible entry.

If you want to use the keyboard (and do not want to wait for LNS to fix it), you may temporarily fix it by yourself.

This is done by manipulating the file which lists all bindings (there is one for joysticks and one for the keyboard). You find it here:

DCS\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\keyboard\default.lua

(the one for joysticks is ...\joystick\default.lua)

Simply open it with a text-editor like notepad++ and add your own custom entries. The entries you are looking for are:

{down = 3300, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, name = 'Trigger safety bracket ARM', category = 'Weapons'},
{down = 3300, value_down = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, name = 'Trigger safety bracket SAFE', category = 'Weapons'},

Add them to the default.lua file for the keyboard and magically you can assign them also to the keyboard.

This thread may also help:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182198

Thanks I get what you are saying.

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5