Witchcraft and 2.0

ENO

Takes a while to setup, haven't used it for a while, not since I had to measure firing ranges in Caucasus and get all the units and angles all correct. I feel like having a go again to see for myself so I'll try to report back.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

keep up posted ENO... i am very much wanting to start using witchcraft for my HELO missions... hoping that it will work well after the merge

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Stumbled into the actual witchcraft thread in my travels (should have started there) to problem solve the 2.0 thing... Apparently the part I was hoping to use (moving items around) was broken when a file format changed last year. It retains some of its functionality but not the "placing objects in 3D."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2944743&postcount=86

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Ah here is the multiple instance thing I was talking about. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149769

I seem to have missed some other things breaking so I can't recall if this works, around the last posts in the thread it was for me, but then it seems to mention some things stopping.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

are you sure ENO? i thought Ian had a version of witchcraft that was working again... albeit massivley paired down but it did allow for some 3d manipulation of object placement. I am pretty sure there was an update posted somewhere after that particular post.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

ah - yeah ... pikey found it . note that Ian editted the post much more recently to read" As of 2016-02-19, it has been tested with DCS: World 1.5.2.49392 and the 2.0.1.49921 Open Alpha.

The most recent version and setup instructions can always be found on GitHub."

Post I quoted was 86... and the date that was posted was 2016 -11-06. And it says very specifically "The Lua console still works. The moving units around part broke when the mission file format changed."

Maybe I've misunderstood what the .lua console is- but the "moving units around part" sounds like the functionality I was looking for.

Am I reading it wrong? What am I missing?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Witchcraft cannot be used to edit mission files with current versions of DCS.

It has been obsoleted by this experiment (which Pikey already linked to above), which probably still works. This has the advantage of never having to leave the mission editor and it supports Nevada as well.

The long-term plan is to abandon Witchcraft altogether and integrate its Lua Console into DCS-BIOS 2.x.