VigWalkman muffled if "Hear like in helmet" selected

Home Fries

Just as the title indicates, if "hear it in helmet" is selected the VigWalkman is extremely muffled even on max volume. However, opening the canopy does increase the music volume, though the highs are still filtered. The only way to have the music at full fidelity is to disable "hear like in helmet."

I would like to have full fidelity music going straight into the helmet.

*Pictures over the head ear phones atop the pilots helmet*

Well if that's the case it could actually be some amazing sound modelling that is on the cusp of sound technology and hence another classy innovation in this module.

Or it's just the broad filter the "hear if in helmet" feature they apply to sound when the option is ticked.

I would like to see it separated from that option if possible myself please :)

I think the problem is underlying that the Walkman is played a airplane sound, and not as cockpit sound. You can find out easily if you open and close the canopy while playing a song. It has less to do with hear like in helmet and more to do with that I think.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

I think the problem is underlying that the Walkman is played a airplane sound, and not as cockpit sound. You can find out easily if you open and close the canopy while playing a song. It has less to do with hear like in helmet and more to do with that I think.

I don't use the helmet sound option myself, but it sounds like a fix is in order so we can all hear those sweet, sweet tunes!

This is indeed the case. Opening the canopy significantly increases the music volume.

Quite accurate! The Viggen had it's Walkman speaker mounted on the side of the fuselage, just under the canopy frame.

JK =)

I thought about saying something like this, but I figured it was better not to be a smart-aleck while giving a bug report. :D