Atc comms doubt

Khamul

Hi mates, I'd like to improve my comms during DCS sessions and refreshing my knowledge of atc comms I've a doubt on the difference between a GND clearance of "hold short" and "holding point". I did not understand when use one and the other. Is there anybody knowing it? :smartass:

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

"Hold short" is the instruction to stop taxiing before entering an intersection or runway. "Holding point" is where you "hold", normally marked with horizontal or vertical signs. Sometimes you can use either one.

E.g.:

- GND: XXXX, taxi to holding point of runway 31 by A, hold short of T

- XXXX: Will taxi to holding point 31 by A and will hold short of T

- XXXX: XXXX holding short of T

- GND: XXXX, continue to holding point 31

- XXXX: continue, XXXX

- XXXX: XXXX at holding point runway 31, ready for departure.

or

- XXXX: XXXX holding short runway 31, ready for departure

- GND: XXXX, monitor tower 120.8

- XXXX: tower 120.8 good day, XXXX

When you find either a red vertical sign or a pattern of lines with the countinuous ones on your side, the hold is compulsory until athorized. When the discontinuous are on your side, you can cross:

runway%2520safety%2520area.jpg

runway%2520holding%2520position%2520sign.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a lot!! Very precise, now I've got it. :thumbup:

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr