HUD IAS & Alt at wrong place in AA guns mode

sedenion

I don't know if it is a known bug, but it still here since long time:

In AA Guns mode, the IAS and Altitude indicators on the Hud should be at the same place than in Magic mode (lower than in normal/530 mode) However, currently, it still at the same place than normal and 530...

That was how it was at the beginning. Then I had people informing me that the IAS and Altimeter only change position for MAG, not CAN.

Please confirm your sources.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That was how it was at the beginning. Then I had people informing me that the IAS and Altimeter only change position for MAG, not CAN.

Please confirm your sources.

My source is simply this :

The mode is clearly "AAG"... However, this is a greek mirage 2000... but it seem strange that this kind of thing change from france to greek variant... And, as i understand it, this IAS and Alt position is related to "Close Combat", which logicaly include AA guns with Magic...

Edited by sedenion

There are several differences between the HUD from Mirage 2000EG's (VE-130) and the HUD we have in dcs, that was indicated already a long time ago

. I think the conclusion was that is related to the different (export) variant.

E.g. in the above video the first part of the snake line is dashed, i imagine that this represents the Rmin for the gun (someone in the knowledge could perhaps confirm this), something that is missing in our simulated version. It seems very strange that the snake line is represented differently in HAF and FAF Mirages.

There are several differences between the HUD from Mirage 2000EG's (VE-130) and the HUD we have in dcs, that was indicated already a long time ago

. I think the conclusion was that is related to the different (export) variant.

E.g. in the above video the first part of the snake line is dashed, i imagine that this represents the Rmin for the gun (someone in the knowledge could perhaps confirm this), something that is missing in our simulated version. It seems very strange that the snake line is represented differently in HAF and FAF Mirages.

I know the EG Hud is not exactly the same as the french C variant... there is some details, like "AAG" that is "CAN" in the C version, and some other details, but, the main still the same, and i would find that strange that, like you said, the dashed line of the gun snake, and the IAS/Alt placement change between C and EG variant...

I watched this video (''rafale hud kills'')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bYolM_6SJk

From 1:00 to 1:50 it looks to me like a normal M2000C hud tape (has nothing to do with the hud format shown in the rest of the video). And it's the first Mirage 2000C hud video I have seen, that is captured during simulated dogfight with guns selected (it is shown with and without a radar lock).

So, If it's really a C version (people in the knowledge could confirm this), then it is obvious that the C and EG HUD's are almost identical.

And the next conclusion is that are several differences from our simulated DCS version :

-indeed the first half of the snake line is dashed (look at 1:00 - 1:03). Same as the EG's videos - in DCS the snake line is not dashed.

- with guns selected and a radar lock, there is no DLZ and the distance to the target is being displayed only through the counter clockwise moving circle (no DLZ appears when the target is locked at 1:04) - same as shown in several EG's hud videos - in dcs we have both the circle and the DLZ.

- the hud altitude alert arrow is constantly blinking and it's not steady. Same as the EG's videos - in DCS the arrow is constant

After that, it's doubtful, if there's a difference in the IAS Alt placement between the C and the EG HUD variants.

Edit : where in the Mirage the snake line is dashed, in the Rafale the respective part is empty, perhaps also an indications that you shouldn't aim with that part of the snake (Rmin?).

Edited by jaguara5