Is it possible to have the translate of the text under the HUD ?

Skulleader

Hello guys,

Please somebody can translate all the text who we can read under the HUD ?

I've used Google translation but it's not easy to have the good translation.

In advance a great thanks, Skull.

Screen_170119_183816.jpg

It's an emergency checklist (the labels on the cockpit sides are similar but for other situations). Not at all surprised that machine translation butchers it, it's probably pretty cryptic to a native Swedish speaker who isn't a Viggen nerd too...

Loss of thrust immediately after takeoff

* Throttle to position MS

- problem remains -

* BRÄNSLEREGL to position MAN

* Jettison stores if necessary

* FLY GENTLY do not use AFK

* LAND ASAP

If the takeoff can neither be completed nor aborted:

* LEAVE THE A/C

MS = max släckt, max dry thrust. BRÄNSLEREGL(ering) to MAN switches the fuel feed control system from automatic mode (fuel feed to the engine controlled by an analog computer) to manual (fuel feed is directly proportional to throttle position). AFK is the autothrottle but you probably recognize that one.
Edited by renhanxue

Well, since you asked so nicely...

It should be noted though that these are not actual emergency checklists, they're just HELP THE AIRCRAFT IS ON FIRE WHERE THE F*** IS THAT EMERGENCY CHECKLIST quick reminders for things you should know by heart, and as such they are very terse and probably incomprehensible if you don't know or have access to the actual emergency checklist. I have attempted to preserve the tone and brevity of the originals in the translations, as far as possible, because I think they're kinda awesome :]

Without further ado, left side:

Vp3FHgu.png

Starting from left, let's take it one column at a time.

ENGINE FAILURE

MTG, alt <12

ÅTERSTART 2 s

BRÄNSLEREGL MAN <9

- no rpm/temp 20s -

REGULAR START SWITCH

FLY GENTLY

LAND ASAP

Okay, let's puzzle this one out - it is so cryptic that it resembles arcane wizardry even to a native Swedish speaker and it's hard to understand for me without consulting the full checklists.

MTG is marktomgång, ground idle. Then, "alt <12" should be read as a separate checklist item and means "reduce altitude to less than 12 km" (and an implied "before proceeding to next item").

ÅTERSTART is the engine re-start switch - hold for 2 seconds.

BRÄNSLEREGL MAN we know from the HUD checklist; the "<9" means "once below 9 km altitude".

"- no rpm/temp 20 s -" expands to "if there is no RPM or exhaust temperature increase for 20 seconds, then..."

The rest should be entirely comprehensible.

Moving on...

COMPRESSOR STALL

REDUCE ɑ/nz

MAINTAIN THROTTLE

- not within params: ABORT

- problem remains -

EXTINGUISH A/B

HIGHEST USABLE RPM

FLY GENTLY

LAND ASAP

This one isn't nearly as cryptic. ɑ and nz are of course alpha and load factor ("G's"). Then there is one word/phrase that's kind of a nuisance. The phrase "ej typenl" (expands to "ej typenlig") directly translates to something like "not according to the type", and is rather diffuse in Swedish too. I believe what is intended is to express something like "if the problems are worse than what you would expect and/or what the aircraft is rated for", but you are welcome to make your own interpretation or suggest a better translation that fits within the minuscule space available... :music_whistling:

I'll get to the exact definitions of "ABORT" and "FLY GENTLY" later.

Last on the left side, with an arrow coming from the compressor stall checklist that should be interpreted as "if compressor stalls continue, or..."

THRUST DISTURBANCES

FLY GENTLY

- NOZZLE POSITION -

[TABLE]OPEN | CLOSED

JETTISON STORES | FTG, alt <9

| BRÄNSLEREGL MAN (AUT)

| MAX 570°C

| JETTISON STORES IF NECESSARY

[/TABLE]LAND? JUMP?

With what we've previously learned, this one should be possible to solve, but for the sake of clarity:

FTG = flygtomgång, flight idle. Reduce altitude to less than 9 km. BRÄNSLEREGL MAN, but if the problems get worse, set it back to AUT. Monitor EGT, try not to exceed 570°C.

JUMP is a literal translation that would be more accurately translated as "eject", but I refuse to change it since it is clearly better this way.

Continuing to the right side, again from left to right:

QU9ypaN.png

FIRE

1-2 warning lights/suspected fire

CLOSE LT-KRAN EBK

LOWEST POSSIBLE RPM

A/C ON FIRE ??

[table]NO | YES

LAND ASAP | JUMP

A/C STOPPED: |

LT-KRAN OFF |

MAIN PWR OFF |

EXIT ASAP | [/table]

LT-KRAN EBK = afterburner low pressure fuel valve. The rest should be obvious.

GEN + EMERG PWR

ONE ATTEMPT TO RE-ENGAGE

ABORT MISSION

- if problem remains -

RESERVSTRÖM ON

ACT AS PER "GENERATOR FAULT"

- if still no AC pwr -

GOOD WEATHER, GROUND VISUAL, WINGMAN?

FR 24, LAND 15 min

FLY GENTLY

So what is this checklist even for? The heading is particularly cryptic but this is the checklist for a simultaneous generator failure and RAT failure, so you have no AC at all here - only DC power while the battery lasts.

"One attempt to re-engage" refers to the generator; only try to reset it (or re-connect it) once. The RESERVSTRÖM switch is the manual way to extend the RAT (it should extend automatically), then follow the checklist for generator fault. If you still have no AC power, find best possible weather, try to maintain visual contact with the ground, and consider the possibility of following a wingman to base/landing. Switch radios to FR24, try to land within 15 minutes (battery should last that long but no longer).

Finally, a little bit of terminology:

ABORT/ABORT MISSION: abort mission immediately and return to home base, or if that is not possible, to any suitable base.

LAND ASAP: abort mission immediately and return to closest suitable base.

FLY GENTLY: handle the throttle carefully and smoothly. Do not use afterburner or autothrottle (AFK). Avoid quick changes in altitudes, high G loading and high roll rates.

LEAVE THE A/C: eject. The situation usually permits following the ejection checklist.

EXIT ASAP: ordinary exit procedure when the aircraft is on the ground is followed, but quickly.

They are the other emergency checklists. They are all listed in the manual. The manual also states where they are located in the cockpit.

My translations are better and come with more trivia ;V

(this is because I am a nerd with tons of time to spend on this inconsequential detail)

Edited by renhanxue

A little afternoon project. Working on the side panels right now, should be done in an hour or so then it's ready to download for however wants it.

qp8d9vt.jpg

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

JUMP is a literal translation that would be more accurately translated as "eject", but I refuse to change it since it is clearly better this way.

Objectively: yes, so much.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5