M2000C Radar Difficulties

apollomaker

Hello All --- well, I am a newbie with the M2000C and need some help. I am using DCS 1.5.5 and am struggling with the control of the radar. I have no trouble locking up targets but have not been able to find any info on the KEYSTROKES for control of the M2000C (and its radar). The info in DCS is non-existent (only a few keys indicated) so could use any direction to a write up, etc.

Also, I have not been able to figure out how to SINGLE TARGET TRACK LOCK yet??? I have the latest release of the M2000C. Help please!!! :)

What is the key for single target track lock???

Any help and pointers welcome!!!! Thanks, Bob ;)

Edited by apollomaker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sim Box: Asus Maximus, Intel 4790 CPU @ 4.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX-790 + 5GB VRAM, Win7-64, 1 KW supply

To find the keystroke go to the controls menu and use the drop down to select search, then type in slew... I believe the keys will be labelled TDC slew... don't quote me on that, but it will be very similar (i.e. something slew). Its hard to believe but the M2K is a 70's bird and as such the radar is not as reliable as say the F-15. It is more susceptible to notching and beaming and you should be aware that I've found it unrealistic to lock a target before the 20 mark (20nm? 20km?) So don't get frustrated if the target keeps popping in and out of view, this happens... alot... I wont go into great detail but in order to get STT you need to a.)be in HFR mode. This mode is default so if you haven't touched a switch then you're probably ok. b.) slew your radar cursor over the target. c.) press the target lock button... you are now in TWS, which you can actually launch a 530 from and when you do you will automatically be thrown into STT... mind you the 530s need you (the M2K) to maintain lock until splash... head on in the Mirage is a bad idea. I do it all the time... if instead of firing you press the lock target button again (while your cursor is still over the radar contact) you will be put into STT. I hope that answers a lot of your questions. The campaign and training missions with the mirage are excellent. The campaign runs you through a lot of the systems operation. Also Chuck's guide is great as some one posted above. Most the times the manuals wont refer to specific key, because they know most of use customize the controls for everything! If I click my left heel twice I turn on my turn signals! (not a real feature)

In case you have not figured it out yet, M2000C does not have many keybindings by default, you need to set them up yourself. I personally find that more comfortable than having everything pre-set.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

and last not least.....if you don´t have it yet....a HOTAS is very helpful to map keystrokes to it...makes life much easier than flying then trying to hit combo-keystrokes in an evasive maneuver for example. I know...question of money...but certainly a good investment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Hello All --- well, I am a newbie with the M2000C and need some help. I am using DCS 1.5.5 and am struggling with the control of the radar. I have no trouble locking up targets but have not been able to find any info on the KEYSTROKES for control of the M2000C (and its radar). The info in DCS is non-existent (only a few keys indicated) so could use any direction to a write up, etc.

Also, I have not been able to figure out how to SINGLE TARGET TRACK LOCK yet??? I have the latest release of the M2000C. Help please!!! :)

Any help and pointers welcome!!!! Thanks, Bob ;)

If you want to enter STT mode, just double tap lock button on target and radar will reject other targets.

There is currently very few keystrokes configured for M2000, you have to map most keystrokes yourself using the DCS command config...

As mentionned above by other people, in BVR mode, you have to lock the target a first time, then lock a second time the same target to enter in STT (PIC) mode.

Good Morning All --- and THANK YOU for all the feedback. I will certainly start work on the key assignments and also consider a nice HOTAS set up. I sure appreciate the help.

Many Thanks ---- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sim Box: Asus Maximus, Intel 4790 CPU @ 4.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX-790 + 5GB VRAM, Win7-64, 1 KW supply

What joystick do you use currently ?

I use a X-55, programmed in DCS World control menu so I don't need keystroke.

Once my cockpit is set before the fight, I don't need to click anything inside the cockpit, and I just need "G" key for landing gear at the end...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

To find the keystroke go to the controls menu and use the drop down to select search, then type in slew... I believe the keys will be labelled TDC slew... don't quote me on that, but it will be very similar (i.e. something slew). Its hard to believe but the M2K is a 70's bird and as such the radar is not as reliable as say the F-15. It is more susceptible to notching and beaming and you should be aware that I've found it unrealistic to lock a target before the 20 mark (20nm? 20km?) So don't get frustrated if the target keeps popping in and out of view, this happens... alot... I wont go into great detail but in order to get STT you need to a.)be in HFR mode. This mode is default so if you haven't touched a switch then you're probably ok. b.) slew your radar cursor over the target. c.) press the target lock button... you are now in TWS, which you can actually launch a 530 from and when you do you will automatically be thrown into STT... mind you the 530s need you (the M2K) to maintain lock until splash... head on in the Mirage is a bad idea. I do it all the time... if instead of firing you press the lock target button again (while your cursor is still over the radar contact) you will be put into STT. I hope that answers a lot of your questions. The campaign and training missions with the mirage are excellent. The campaign runs you through a lot of the systems operation. Also Chuck's guide is great as some one posted above. Most the times the manuals wont refer to specific key, because they know most of use customize the controls for everything! If I click my left heel twice I turn on my turn signals! (not a real feature)

the radar is smaller than the F15s that is all (smaller airframe, and less room in the nose) . not because its older technology. i is not at all a 70s bird. ( designed in 70s yes, but not serviced)

The M2000C (RDM) did not enter service until 1984, and the variant in question here is the one with the RDI radar, which improved lookdown shoot down capability, which arrived in 1987 So the M2000C in question is a late 80s bird. ( unless im overlooking some minor modifications or something)

i guess it depends on the aircraft type, height of both you and aircraft, and the Terrain, but i still manage to get aircraft spotted on the radar past 40 NM mark up to about 80NM. the F15C's AN-APG65 V1 while still being around more powerfull it can still be give some difficulties in reliably tracking targets that are flying low using terrain masking in a vastly mountainous areas, like found in between the Russo georgian border.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Picking proper PRF(Pulse Repetition Frequency) helps. For example low PRF offers good look up radar performance and it helps to detect targets flying at low velocity but you can't lock on enemy, radar detection is lowered to 25 nm. High is better for look down and you must use this mode for STT and to guiding weapons but it rejects any slow flying targets. Medium is mix between the two but detection range is lowered to 45 nm and it rejects slow flying targets.

Edited by RastahMan