Chuck's AJS-37 Viggen Guide

Charly_Owl

Nice :thumbup:

Been waiting for this. Thanks for your work Chuck....

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Charly, how are you so damn fast? :D

I assume you do something similar as a professional for a living?

Well done, either way. Your guides are invaluable learning tools.

Edited by OnlyforDCS
spelling

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

As usual: Clear and concise instructions presented in a suitable format that let's you get up to speed quickly. I make a note of downloading all your guides Charley_Owl. :book:

My hat is off to you Sir for yet another great guide! :thumbup:

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

Countermeasure section has copy paste from the Mirage that doesn't apply

"The countermeasures programs are not currently implemented yet, so manual

deployment of flares and chaff will be used. Keep in mind that you have very

few flares: use them sparingly. Once the ÉCLAIR pod is implemented by

RAZBAM, more flares will be available."

Excellent work Chuck!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im guessing this is a mistake but you have listed the range for the RB 04E as 8km =P.

While its onboard seeker has a range of about 8km the missile range is far longer then that (max flight range around 30km but a practical launch range is around 24-26km)

so that 8km range you have listed is probably within the minimum range bracket for the Missile =P.

And also one thing that you might want to add as well is a list letting people know what air-ground mixes are valid and which are not.

As that is missing in the standard manual and it has many people confused.

(Basically RB 75 + Akan and RB 05+ Akan are Valid Air-Ground mixes with all other being Invalid though ofc you can mix any weapon type with Air-Air missiles and Countermeasures without any problems).

Im guessing this is a mistake but you have listed the range for the RB 04E as 8km =P.

While its onboard seeker has a range of about 8km the missile range is far longer then that (max flight range around 30km but a practical launch range is around 24-26km)

so that 8km range you have listed is probably within the minimum range bracket for the Missile =P.

And also one thing that you might want to add as well is a list letting people know what air-ground mixes are valid and which are not.

As that is missing in the standard manual and it has many people confused.

(Basically RB 75 + Akan and RB 05+ Akan are Valid Air-Ground mixes with all other being Invalid though ofc you can mix any weapon type with Air-Air missiles and Countermeasures without any problems).

Gotcha about the RB04, yeah I kinda figured that out after a couple of tests but forgot to make the change.

That's good to know about the mixes. I just assumed you couldn't combine anything... apart from the RB75/AKAN and RB05/Akan, there's nothing else?

Thanks Chuck. Your work is always appreciated.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Gotcha about the RB04, yeah I kinda figured that out after a couple of tests but forgot to make the change.

That's good to know about the mixes. I just assumed you couldn't combine anything... apart from the RB75/AKAN and RB05/Akan, there's nothing else?

Nope.

The reason is that when the Ground Crew loads the weapon there is an external armaments panel where they set the correct positions depending on the loadout of the aircraft (telling the aircraft what it is carrying)

Here the relevant pages from the ground crew manual concerning the armaments panel and the different selectors / positions.

http://imgur.com/a/xrc6o

The Weapon selector (Vapen väljare) is the main selector for weapons

and where you can determine what weapons can be carried.

The RB 75 + Akan and RB 05 + Akan loadout is possible because there

is a specific AKAN/05/75 position as well as a standard 05/75 position

(And then there is a specific Selector where you set if its a RB 05 or a RB 75).

But there is no such Position for other weapon types (No rocket pod / Bomb Position etc)

So what happens ingame when you take and invalid loadout (lets say Bombs + Rockets) is that the ground crew would have to set the weapon selector to either Rockets or Bombs (as there is no Rockets + Bombs Position) and then only one of the two weapon types would be useable (like will happen ingame with invalid loadouts).

RagnarDa has stated that he wanted to allow some additional (not strictly realistic) loadout mixes that might come later (things like BK 90 + RB 75 etc) but as of now we have the realistic limitations.

Over 130 pages ... impressive,, thanks a lot, I really do appreciate your help on learning DCS.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Did not read it yet, but I'd like to say thank you already for you afford and hard work. It's gonna be great again, I'm sure :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Thank you, Chuck!

Intel Core i7-4770K - ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Socket-1150 - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB - NVIDIA GTX1080Ti - Eizo 27" LED FlexScan EV2736W-BK, 2560x1440 (Processor, graphiccard and MOS-FET custom watercooled)

Thanks Chuck for this new manuel, your wotk is really awesome and incredible !!!!

The MUST to HAVE for all user of the Viggen +1.

Skull