RB15F still on the todo list ?

fjacobsen

Just to be sure...

It seems that the only reliable mode to launch the RB15F is still with 800001.

Using STD or 800002 will simply make the missiles turn 90° once they are near the targets (appr 8nm / 16km).

Has this not been fixed or are all the other modes still WIP ?(no hassle if not - I just want to be sure)

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I have now tried all 80000x settings, and only the 800001 seems to work.

Using 811011 works great though - hitting two cargo ships.

I still need to test the other 81xxxx settings.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

This turn is due to the BX 7 Waypoint. if you put in the BX8, you will see on your scope, that a X is on the right side of your plane(45-60 Degrees)

You have to manually select Bx 7 and put it in front of you, so the missles wont turn away from the direct path to the target.

Hope it helps

This turn is due to the BX 7 Waypoint. if you put in the BX8, you will see on your scope, that a X is on the right side of your plane(45-60 Degrees)

You have to manually select Bx 7 and put it in front of you, so the missles wont turn away from the direct path to the target.

I think he is refering to a bug that caused a 90° at Bx7. This was/is happening when you use code 800002 for example. Has been happening since release.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Hope it helps

My procdure is:

Set Bx8 on the target.

Set Bx7 appr. 30-20 km from the target offset to either right or left appr. 20-45°.

Set Bx9 behind the target (Bx8) appr. in-line with the path from Bx7-Bx8.

Set Bx6 somewhere between my position and Bx7, but closer to my position.

When going ANF / ATTACK I have selected Bx8 as navigation point.

Launching the RB15F makes them fly correctly to Bx7, then they turn towards Bx8, but then after a few km they turn 90° and miss considerably.

This 90° turn does not even point them towards Bx9.

As John says - only the 80001 preset seems to work correctly right now.

As I told above the user config 811011 also works, attacking separate ships with either missile.

This is actually happening to me as well tried all the methods. If i only set bx8 missile goes right after launch then they go left towards the target and before hit will turn sharply to the right (always the same direction) and go parallel to the targets. If i set bx8 bx7 and bx6 then i get the missiles to launch go towards the target and exactly like above when approaching the targets they turn sharply to the right and go parallel to the target. Both tries in 800002 mode. Tried this online as-well as SP and always goes like this the rb15 misses the target. Also if sometimes i only set up bx8 missile turns sharp right after launch then, they will fly like this until they hit the ground never turning towards Bx8.

Edit: Tried now with 800001 and it worked like a charm hit targets with both selecting multiple bx point or by selecting one.

Edited by Slims