Couple of Questions

MikeSinn

I'm Interested in potentially picking up this campaign but have a couple of questions:

1. How many missions are included?
  2. Does this require advanced and experienced knowledge (creating waypoints, AAR...) or is this good for a novice pilot?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Also do I have to have CA to play. The post by ED said something about being a sniper in a truck.

"The A-10C: Stone Shield campaign offers you a variety of challenging missions in which you must not only act as a tank killer, but also operate as a sniper making one shot and one kill engagements."

I'm quite sure they mean that there are missions (or maybe just one) where you do not just engage any enemy unit but are required to kill a specific target, and that target only. So, not sniping as in the coward's choice of class in any FPS but as in doing a precision strike with your A-10.

I agree with Mikesinn that more info about the campaign would be nice, but I'm sure that other players will have provided that info in a week or so.

More questions: are labels allowed?

i wonder that too

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I've played first two missions yesterday - nice and not very complex, looks to me after the first two missions as a perfect campaign to start one's adventure with A-10C. With EN voiceovers, first one is a training mission that can be skipped (starting in air), second starts on runway with one easy tasking. Looks promising.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I also got several questions:

- How many missions?

- Do you get briefings with the campaign?

- Who's the creator? I guess, it's neither Baltic_Dragon (since he is active in this thread) nor Ranger79...

- Why was the campaign not mentioned before? Feel kind of surprised of the release.

- Is it worth 10 Bucks?

Just picked it up, I'm devouring any A10 campaign, I will post my thoughts later:pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I've put a little time into this and finished the first four missions, as Baltic_Dragon said above, so far it seems like a good starter campaign for newer A-10 pilots.

Here are some thoughts:

+ Missions so far seem like they each offer an interesting mix of action

+ Dialogue and voice work seem pretty good so far

+ You have the option to play with/without labels

+ No bugs yet

- Briefing write ups are very short and lack a lot of context/atmosphere/flavour text

- Missions are on the short side as far as A-10 campaign missions go

- No radio channels in briefings, seems like you just leave radios set to whatever channels you start on

- 3 out of 4 starts have been hot with engines on, one was airborne

If I get a chance to put more time in I'll add some more thoughts. For now I'll say that for $10 it's a new A-10 campaign and that's enough for me. That being said it doesn't hold a candle to Baltic_Dragon or Ranger79's work.

Edited by Sulaco

I also got several questions:

- How many missions?

- Do you get briefings with the campaign?

- Who's the creator? I guess, it's neither Baltic_Dragon (since he is active in this thread) nor Ranger79...

- Why was the campaign not mentioned before? Feel kind of surprised of the release.

- Is it worth 10 Bucks?

Maybe a community campaign or so. Lack of information also in the briefing of the missions. Done the first few missions and for me it´s far away from the quality of Operation Fury or Baltic Dr. campaigns... A little campaign for a few bucks... Compared to the other campaigns I mentioned above, which you can get for the same price, it doesn´t stand in relation... But it´s ok and I´m happy with each new campaign. So take it. 10$ isn´t the world..

Edit: 12 missions..first one you can skip (isn´t really a mission...)

Edited by das Rindvieh

Maybe a community campaign or so. Lack of information also in the briefing of the missions. Done the first few missions and for me it´s far away from the quality of Operation Fury or Baltic Dr. campaigns... A little campaign for a few bucks... Compared to the other campaigns I mentioned above, which you can get for the same price, it doesn´t stand in relation... But it´s ok and I´m happy with each new campaign. So take it. 10$ isn´t the world..

Danke, Rindvieh :-D

I'm Interested in potentially picking up this campaign but have a couple of questions:

1. How many missions are included?
  2. Does this require advanced and experienced knowledge (creating waypoints, AAR...) or is this good for a novice pilot?

Any feedback is appreciated.

No advanced knowledge needed, startup procedure and weapons only.

It seems to be not very complicated canpaign, but sometimes you have to act in time for mission success. And may be good for novice pilot.

No CA needed.

Labels allowed.

And yes, 12 missions.

Отправлено с моего GT-I9082 через Tapatalk

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

• 2 weeks later...

Up until Mission 6: it's a perfect first campaing for new players' familiarisation. Mostly simple: take off (hot started on runway), fly there, hit a couple of things then return and land. No complex story with extensive - almost real life - (in Piercing Fury: text AND PowerPoint!! :thumbup:) briefing material, no "real time" turns of plot during the missions. For those who've flown Enemy Within, let alone Piercing Fury, it's a bit less complex, thus a bit less exciting. My 2 cents at least, no offense meant.

• 11 months later...

Agree 100% Mr das Rindvieh,I couldn't have said it better myself.:thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb