Logitech G Saitek PC Farm Sim Vehicle Side Panel

Please note I see this is a Saitek product. This has been listed this way (Logitech) only because that is the way it was listed on Amazon.

Has anyone tried to use this for DCS.

I was thinking it would be great for targeting control systems. I can see using it with the Su25T, Gazelle, or A-10A/C.

Maybe you fast movers can even use it for your fancy radar.

I think Saitek may have inadvertently busted open a market for flight gear here.

Anyway let me know. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Saitek-Farm-Vehicle-Panel/dp/B01M1B2MJX

farm-sim-side-panel-01.jpg

EDIT: I can even see an after market for "cards" for this equipment (for when you change aircraft)

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it's like their other stuff, it would have to have somebody code a keyboard emulator interface for it, ala FlightPanels.

Plus it's Saitek, and likely poorly made as a result @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 7 months later...

So has anybody tried this?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...

bummer

this can be a great side panel for many things. has anyone tried this?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Are dozens of "(d)umb'oxing" and "reviews" on YT, but don't fine one showing how install and test the thing in Windows Games controllers or how assign buttons in games.

But in this video, the guy use for play other games, what means that device is just a "joystick" for Windows - contrary to Saitek Switch panel that rely on plug-ins, and you guys can use in DCS.

"Open Game Compatibility offers the ability to use the Side Panel in more than just Farming Simulator. Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, Euro Truck Simulator – just a few of the other titles in which you can easily use the Side Panel for control."

Selling a similar thing here:

https://mobile.willhaben.at/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/vm-desktop-joystick-zur-videobearbeitung-surveillance-263644109

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

This thing is a simple 32 buttons 4 axis HID USB device for windows and it shows up immediately in the joystick configuration panel in Windows 10. The joystick can be used as an analog one, or when pressing the led lighted button on top of it, switch to directional keypad type joystick.

To assign the keys, just go to the controllers configuration in DCS, find the column related to this controller and just start assigning. Same for the analog joystick. Workd perfectly in DCS and is ideal for the Gazelle weapon officer side.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried using this in VR with a HOTAS as well? The extra joystick screams AJS-37 Radar stick to me, especially with the ability to map the additional buttons for similar functions.

However I feel like controller makers are starting to lose the VR market - and I am torn between jumping into VR but then having to utilize complex button HOTAS only arrangements or sticking to TrackIR and utilizing tools like this and advanced HOTAS units with extra switches to essentially have appropriate commands to unique and easy to know positions.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

Imo what is needed in vr is a way to see the rl cockpit as a small pip window or a way to turn on a camera to se what your racing for then turn it off or a combo

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Has anyone tried using this in VR with a HOTAS as well? The extra joystick screams AJS-37 Radar stick to me, especially with the ability to map the additional buttons for similar functions.

However I feel like controller makers are starting to lose the VR market - and I am torn between jumping into VR but then having to utilize complex button HOTAS only arrangements or sticking to TrackIR and utilizing tools like this and advanced HOTAS units with extra switches to essentially have appropriate commands to unique and easy to know positions.

The joystick has two modes.

Press one of the buttons on top and it will turn into a "different" joystick that you can map to something else.

Like switching between radar stick and RB-05 stick !

The joystick has two modes.

Press one of the buttons on top and it will turn into a "different" joystick that you can map to something else.

Like switching between radar stick and RB-05 stick !

Stop! I can only get so excited!

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Now that some time has elapsed, and you’ve all had plenty of time to test, are you all still happy with it? I’m looking at it from a VR user’s perspective, and it looks ideal. In like, easy to memorise, and easy to trail a hand across, blindly, and locate the right button. Quite a few of these kicking about at good prices atm.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Bump... Any active users still using this?

I don't think there is room on my rig for this device, but the joystick would come in really handy for left-handed radar A/A targeting mode, plus lock.

LG C1 65", NZXT BLD, i9-12900K, 32G 4400MHz, RTX 3080, WinWing Orion2 w/ F-16EX Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, StreamDeck XL, Virpil Rudders, Tobii 5