How to write multi-quote replies?

FlightControl

Something i am struggling already for quite a while now.

I am a complete NOOB when it comes to using this forum efficiently.

How can i use the forum to efficiently create a multi-qouted reply in a thread?

A multi-quoted reply contains fragments of the original message, including the author and then i can respond to those fragments with my own text.

Right now, how i do this is I do Reply and get the quoted reply. But the reply contains the whole block of the previous messages quoted.

Then i start to play with deleting parts of that quoted part, and splitting it up by added

and copying the author information into the new added
items.

But... Isn't there a faster way to do this? I am sure there is, but I haven't found that yet!

Pls help (also useful for others on this forum).

FC

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• ED Team

Hi Flight control

bottom right of each post you will see the multiquote button, when you depress it a tick appears

you do this for each post you wish to use as a quote in your own reply.

once you have selected them hit the new reply bottom left of the post, and it should include all of the posts you ticked

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Flight control

bottom right of each post you will see the multiquote button, when you depress it a tick appears

you do this for each post you wish to use as a quote in your own reply.

once you have selected them hit the new reply bottom left of the post, and it should include all of the posts you ticked

Thanks,

My question was a bit different. Is there an efficient way to quote individual sections of ONE post, including the author name.

So that multiple quotes would appear on the same post.

Then i could reply to each individual section.

I've seen some posts like that, where i see the previous post broken into individual pieces and replies are given on each piece.

Sv

[/TABLE]

Thanks,

My question was a bit different. Is there an efficient way to quote individual sections of ONE post, including the author name.

So that multiple quotes would appear on the same post.

Then i could reply to each individual section.

If you mean something like this here, what i did, i just copy the quote tags around the sections i want, don't know if there's a better way

I've seen some posts like that, where i see the previous post broken into individual pieces and replies are given on each piece.

Sv

As razo+r has said, cut and paste is the solution.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you mean something like this here, what i did, i just copy the quote tags around the sections i want, don't know if there's a better way

was wondering too:thumbup:

[/TABLE]

Sometimes if I don't feel like copying and pasting all the quote codes, I just cut and paste the quote tag from the end of the original post to the end of the first section, and put all the other sections in quote tags. Maybe it's not what you want, with the name of the original poster on each section, but I think it's clear enough whom you are quoting. Like this:

Something i am struggling already for quite a while now.

I am a complete NOOB when it comes to using this forum efficiently.

How can i use the forum to efficiently create a multi-qouted reply in a thread?

A multi-quoted reply contains fragments of the original message, including the author and then i can respond to those fragments with my own text.

Right now, how i do this is I do Reply and get the quoted reply. But the reply contains the whole block of the previous messages quoted.

Then i start to play with deleting parts of that quoted part, and splitting it up by added and copying the author information into the new added [quote items.

But... Isn't there a faster way to do this? I am sure there is, but I haven't found that yet!

Pls help (also useful for others on this forum).

FC