Countermeasure Program Bug

kobeshow

Hey, so I stumbled upon this after the most recent update to stable 1.5.6 :

countermeasures were finalized so I tested the new functions,

I wanted to test all the programs as well for the first time, so I switched all the way up to 10, but when I turned the knob back to program 1, no chaff was dispensed (I had plenty left), I then turned the knob to program 2 and it dispensed only 6 chaff (so it was executing program 1).

I then tried program 3, and it was executing program 2 (surprise :D).

when I turned the program knob back to off (A) and then back to 1, everything was in order again, so I guess that programs get shifted somehow when you turn the knob to its limits.

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

• 1 month later...

Seems to work for me

Yo Kobeshow,

For what its worth, I tried this tonight as I've been studying countermeasures in the Mirage and how I can customize the SPIRALE.lua file to my liking.

Anywho, I tried exactly what you had said above, then tried a number of other scenarios. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to reproduce what you said. So, either it was a bug that has been fixed, or your plane has a gremlin :D

For others not quite familiar with the Mirage countermeasure programming, be sure to check out the SPIRALE.lua file you can find in the cockpit/scripts folder of your Mirage install. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but you can tweak the settings there and get the programs to do exactly what you like.

Write or print the settings, get in your jet and try each of the settings of the countermeasures program, you'll see what the various values do. Now create your backup and begin tweaking.

-Cru

Yo Kobeshow,

For what its worth, I tried this tonight as I've been studying countermeasures in the Mirage and how I can customize the SPIRALE.lua file to my liking.

Anywho, I tried exactly what you had said above, then tried a number of other scenarios. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to reproduce what you said. So, either it was a bug that has been fixed, or your plane has a gremlin :D

For others not quite familiar with the Mirage countermeasure programming, be sure to check out the SPIRALE.lua file you can find in the cockpit/scripts folder of your Mirage install. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but you can tweak the settings there and get the programs to do exactly what you like.

Write or print the settings, get in your jet and try each of the settings of the countermeasures program, you'll see what the various values do. Now create your backup and begin tweaking.

-Cru

Hey (;

thanks for testing, weird that it is not happening for you, maybe I do have a gremlin sitting below my countermeasures panel trying to eat cables or something ?! I jumped back in and confirmed the bug agian, but this time I saved the track so people can see for themselves.

Countermeasure Program Bug.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy