"Unit Detects" trigger.

Spades_Neil

I know it's already possible through scripting (I'm still trying to figure out how), but it'd save me such a headache if you could slap in an easy little "On Detect" trigger for the mission editor.

Examples:

Unit Detects Unit

Unit Detects Group

Unit Detects Coalition

This would make it possible for easy making of missions where radar detection triggers an event.

• Like 1

+1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1 and maybe an argument for AnySensor/Radar/IR/RWR/Eyeballs MkI to refine the detection?

Maybe with an additional Event like "on Detection" to check only when necessary?

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 years later...

Totally would welcome this.

If there would be a possibility to easily get a ground unit to transmit radio message when they detect something, mark their own position with a smoke (another wish is that we would get the correct smoke grenades) or a flare and then inform their spotted enemy direction and range in estimation.

That would allow easily do many more realistic scenarios where ground unit spots possibly enemy, reverse quickly little bit until not spotting it (hide), transmit on radio their last position (X kilometers from waypoint Y, example) and then when contacted with radio for air support, get them signal their position by request so once on the area you can visually spot your troops location and then find out where the enemy likely is by using your compass and higher altitude.

The another would be need to make a (invisible) reconnaissance team that could do the similar thing.

That would make far more fun for every aircraft as you can work with visual request over radio.

• "Red Jack - Panther, spotted enemy armor near us to South-East, requesting air strike"
  • "Panther - Red Jack, Flare your position"
  • "Red Jack - Panther, Red flare on our position, enemy armor at one klick, direction 250"
  • "Panther - Red Jack, running in"
  • "Red Jack - Panther, good hit, target destroyed, continuing advancing"

We should have easily all the ground units to work at the same radio frequency and then report automatically all their tasks there is happening. When they spot something, when they engage or they get engaged, when they have destroyed a target etc.

Just work little like a JTAC would do but in short quick manner. So one can fly the CAS and get the ground troops to inform what there is going.

Then you have possibility to radio easily to few previous radio messages (you have like a 5-10 history in the radio menu) where you can request unit to mark their position, enemy type, range and heading.

You would literally be able to give the simplest form of the air support at the dynamic situations as the AI is there to communicate with you. As you can't know what group is where and when, you need to get them to signal you visually where they are and where the enemy is etc.

No need to set JTAC, no need to have a another AWACS or Predator etc. Ground troops would be there to help you, inform you from fast movers, from helicopters etc in their area.

You would even get a infantry squad to radio over messages like:

• "Enemy fast mover south of us, heading to east / south-east at low level."
  • "Enemy helo, north of us, one klick, at low level"
  • "Enemy fighter east of us, heading to south, medium level"

And if the own ground units are near the cities, towns etc, they should as well use those names. "We are 2 klics south from the Pizorro". So one can quickly look at their map and find out their location. No entering coordinates or anything like that, those are what you should request.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Absolutely all of this

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...