Newbie: Sending messages/sound for single unit.

Tales R.

I am a newbie on mission editing. I am trying to create a training mission where players are invited to takeoff, navigate, recon and adapt to terrain. While the player fly trough the waypoints I present some unique landmarks of Georgia landscape. So I need to send a message and a sound for a single player (not a group) while it flies inside a trigger area. How can i do this?

Thanks in advance!:helpsmilie:

Just go by unit but even still "group" can still apply to a single unit- as per the group name. Pilot- unit.

You can set up different zones around the waypoint. Run once unit in zone (choose unit) and then I believe play sound or something to that effect is in actions.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

So I need to send a message and a sound for a single player (not a group) while it flies inside a trigger area. How can i do this?

Do you want to set up a Multiplayer mission? If you do Singleplayer, it doesn't matter whether you choose "Message to all" or "... to coalition" or "... to group". All AI units will just ignore this.

For the following example, I'm assuming you're thinking about Multiplayer.

Ad it's fairly simple. Set up as many groups as you need, and make sure each group consists of exactly one unit (= one aircraft). Set all of these aircraft to skill level "Client" so that players can select them.

And then set up the triggers with "Sound to group" and "Message to group". Since each group only has one aircraft, that should do the trick so that each pilot receives individual remarks.

You can Copy and Paste Groups (CTRL+c and CTRL+v) once you've set them up to your liking, and you can clone triggers so that you only need to change one or two details and not do all the steps over and over again. :thumbup:

I took the liberty of setting up a very simple demo mission with two groups ("Sightseeing #1" and #2), two trigger zones ("Kutaisi" and "Khashuri"), and a message to each group as their unit (the only unit in the group) enters each trigger zone. Note, I didn't test this, but it should work the way I think you want to set up your mission. :thumbup:

sightseeing_template_demo.miz