Bad ccrp mode accuracy

blast

CCRP wont be 100% accurate in real life with dumb bombs. Wind , etc.. will always drift bombs bit.

I found CCRP be ultra accurate in most sim's , maybe because sim's wont model bomb aerodynamics enough.

Sent when im drunk with my iphone near me :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wind , etc..

Wind - I understand

etc.. - moon phases or Coriolis effect ? :megalol:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Wind - I understand

etc.. - moon phases or Coriolis effect ? :megalol:

Etc = example : errors in radar height , so no moon phases ..

CCRP is bit too accurate in sim's , in real life its not. Thats why laser bombs are used today and even first gulf war ..

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Etc = example : errors in radar height , so no moon phases ..

CCRP is bit too accurate in sim's , in real life its not. Thats why laser bombs are used today and even first gulf war ..

Fair enough.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

CCRP wont be 100% accurate in real life with dumb bombs. Wind , etc.. will always drift bombs bit.

I found CCRP be ultra accurate in most sim's , maybe because sim's wont model bomb aerodynamics enough.

Sure, but this is probably not what we are seeing here (those kind of errors would be more random).

I am under the impression that the designation is inaccurate. I tried designating a target from ~4 miles in a 20-30° dive, and when coming closer and closer, I can see that the impact point is behind what I designated.

I don't know if this accounts for most of the problem, or if what I am seeing is inaccuracy of the cross placement in the HUD (wasn't it supposed to go, BTW ?), but it could count for something.

Yeah, I'm definitely not looking for PGM-like accuracy with CCRP (that would be disappointingly unrealistic), but at some point I'd like to see realistic or semi-realistic CEP with MK-82 employment (as opposed to consistently overshooting the target).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Has this ever been acknowledged by Razbam? Its been quite a long time since the initial discussion and we still have to deal with this bug, which is a pretty deal breaking one.

Thanks!

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

It has been in the past. I'm not going to go looking for it. But they have mentioned it.

I think the main problem is that there isn't a consensus on how bad it really is. Some people (myself included) have pretty decent accuracy. And some have terrible accuracy (as I have in the past). I think that at some level it has to do with accuracy and delivery, because some of us have been getting pretty good hits.

At another level, there isn't a lot of fragmentation damage modeled in the sim, so that exasperates the issue.

So, basically, practice practice practice. You can get the hits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

It has been in the past. I'm not going to go looking for it. But they have mentioned it.

I think the main problem is that there isn't a consensus on how bad it really is. Some people (myself included) have pretty decent accuracy. And some have terrible accuracy (as I have in the past). I think that at some level it has to do with accuracy and delivery, because some of us have been getting pretty good hits.

At another level, there isn't a lot of fragmentation damage modeled in the sim, so that exasperates the issue.

So, basically, practice practice practice. You can get the hits.

I dont agree. If you read the thread, you'll find out that the issue discussed here is not the accuracy but the different behaviour in different approaches. If you dive just a little the accuracy is almost perfect, but if you do level or pull up (pull up is the way it is in the Mirage according to documents and manual) then the accuracy is very bad.

So the bug exists, its not a matter of perspective.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I dont agree. If you read the thread, you'll find out that the issue discussed here is not the accuracy but the different behaviour in different approaches. If you dive just a little the accuracy is almost perfect, but if you do level or pull up (pull up is the way it is in the Mirage according to documents and manual) then the accuracy is very bad.

Concur. IRL, most bombing error is of the long/short variety, and a steeper dive angle minimizes this error. If the pipper is designed for level flight, then it should be accurate for level flight. One way to be sure: if you consistently drop the same amount long or short of the target under the same conditions, you can identify the specific inaccuracy with precision.

Well yeah... a toss is a hard maneuver. I'm willing to bet most people are introducing roll, yaw and a changing g or speed while doing it. All of that changes the continuously computer release point, which needs to be updated. The combined amount of errors that are building at the point of release is what causes errors. Level releases, same deal. Shallow dives, subconsciously, you can see the target and are probably more accurate.

Look, because it can be accurate means it isn't necessarily broken. The way I see it, most people are complaining about very challenging bombing profiles being inaccurate. But the simpler ones are accurate... do you see the issue there?

I remember when the bomb releases were very inaccurate, that was a slant range issue. That was corrected. Now, given a good release profile, I am, at least seeing accurate and consistent results. So... your milage sounds like it may vary.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 3 months later...

Has this been fixed :) ?

I'm still eagerly awaiting an update on this. I still cannot perform a CCRP release in level flight without the massive overshot.

Razbam, can you please tell us whether or not this is a known issue?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes please. This is s terrific feature.

Precision bombing ccrp must also be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
Wasnt fixed in latest update, Im not sure if Zeus is still working on this or if its been dropped out.

The answer is there:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193338

"Will never be fixed" is a little dramatic.

I´m sure Razbam will take a look at this to fix it in comming updates.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 2 months later...
I wish I could say yes, but imagine razbam is doing textures rather than systems right now.

So no.

They will fix everything for sure, but at a pace surprisingly slow.

A texturer won't do systems and vice versa. But maybe the systems programmer is on the Harrier