F-15 Release

walmis

Love this aircraft, so much better than the old one. My 2 cents for the next update is to adjust the nose a little bit more. Looks like SKF was right on about the canopy issue but having that little curve in the front like he said would be nice. This makes the eagle a lot more distinguishable , also adding that little bump/antenna would be great

I guess your next update would also cover the canopy hydraulics, that would be a nice feature. Btw, the old model had stairs coming down when the canopy is raised, do you plan to do that in the future?

Many other members also pointed out some nice stuff like correct cannon shape. Refueling port texture, air intake geometry. You are a freakin god walmis, thanks!

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hell Sqn Protos

S~!

Walmis, I installed the new exe after uninstalling the previous. I had a problem with the missile skins.

The fix was to reinstall your weapons pack mod.

Here is a pic

F15moderror2.jpg

Love this aircraft, so much better than the old one. My 2 cents for the next update is to adjust the nose a little bit more. Looks like SKF was right on about the canopy issue but having that little curve in the front like he said would be nice. This makes the eagle a lot more distinguishable , also adding that little bump/antenna would be great

Btw, the old model had stairs coming down when the canopy is raised, do you plan to do that in the future?

Many other members also pointed out some nice stuff like correct cannon shape. Refueling port texture, air intake geometry. You are a freakin god walmis, thanks!

what's wrong with the intake geometry?

I guess your next update would also cover the canopy hydraulics, that would be a nice feature.

I have no idea what's beneath that flat surface behind the pilot. So i cant really do that.

And someone said earlier that the cannon is too small. Well, the barrels are 20mm in diameter.

http://www.ofp-sgc.com/LOFiles/F15_Setup.exe

Tweaked installer (I think i completely eradicated install bugs), download it only if you have problems or you are a webmaster :)

No updates included.

hmm i downloaded that and got the same error

"Error opening file for writing:

/bazar/world/f15_newtextures.cdds"

then abort/retry/ignore

if i ignore there are about 4 other files that do the same thing.

as this was a fresh install of lockon, at flaming cliffs version 1.12a i dont understand :(

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8010/tomcatsigrc4.jpg tomcatsigrc4.jpg

(max image size - 150pix vertical & 50kB)

And someone said earlier that the cannon is too small. Well, the barrels are 20mm in diameter.

but they are not 20mm in diameter, they are something around 34-38mm at the end, the caliber of them is 20mm.

What is your spacing disc diameter ? It should be 6 inches.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Here's a nice, but little too dark shot from the front:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/301-400/walk346/images_Bernie_McKenna/F-15_10.jpg

only half of the gun is visible from this position.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/001-100/walk004_F-15E/images%20Steve%20Bamford/sheb0622.jpg

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/001-100/walk004_F-15E/images%20James%20Deshiro/pic05.jpg

Walmis, you know we will not leave you alone until our Eagle will look better - more real and detailed than anything in Black Shark :smilewink: and if you run, we will find you... I live not so far away you know :smilewink:

BTW how about adding FAST Packs (CFTs "Dash 3" version)? As additional drop tanks, that will add some 8800 pounds of fuel, just to make those Flankers run :music_whistling:

f15cft.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Guest IguanaKing

Yup, this is the same reason the A-10s cannon is off-set to the left from center-line, so the active barrel is on the center-line of the aircraft and the recoil won't induce yaw. The F-16s M61A1 is completely recessed in the fuselage, to the point where you can't even see the barrels.

what's wrong with the intake geometry?

sorry it might not be nothing wrong, i was just following some other guy's response. I don't know much about the F-15 but i constantly see the air intake at different position. In the game, the air intake doesn't move that much. Wasn't sure if it was correct or not.

sorry it might not be nothing wrong, i was just following some other guy's response. I don't know much about the F-15 but i constantly see the air intake at different position. In the game, the air intake doesn't move that much. Wasn't sure if it was correct or not.

The movement depends on AoA. On high AoA it moves to full down position.

That link doesn't work for me, any ideas/reasons?

Thx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

not working in my game though walmis.. they only move down a little at IDLE +high AoA !

screenshot019sj7.th.jpg

They work fine.

walmis could you kindly inform us of what you are currently working on for the next update so we can help with pictures (if needed).

Im currently taking a break :) Though i tweaked the cannon, fixed some tex mapping issues.

That link doesn't work for me, any ideas/reasons?

Thx.

http://www.ofp-sgc.com/LOFiles/F15_Setup.exe

Works fine here.

Thanks mate! BTW great work, rep inbound icon14.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902