The (re) Making of an A-10C Pilot

The TOTs are listed in the briefing. The trigger zone is 1000m centered on the waypoint. We have 2 flags that are set 30 seconds before and 30 seconds after the stated TOT.

If you are at the waypoint before the first flag is set (at the waypoint before 30s to TOT) then you are too early. Likewise if you are at the waypoint 30s after TOT then you are too late.

If you stay close to the flight lead he should get you there at the appropriate times.

You can still pass the mission even if you miss a waypoint TOT.

Use the practice mission to determine your spacing behind lead to help with the TOT timings.

Thanks for the reply, I must be missing something in the briefing as all I have been going off the time shown when the FI says 'Start now' where do I find the additional detail for the TOT's?

Thanks for the tip on staying close to the flight lead I will give that a go.

Love the Program and enjoying the challenges. Keep up the great work. Any idea when the Tactical Training Qualification might come out?

Rig:- NZXT H 440 Razer Special Edition Case - Asus Maximum VIII Formula MB -Intel i7 6700K @4.6Ghz - 64GB Corsair LED DDR4 3000Mhz - Samsung 512 GB M.2 (OS & Games) - 2 x 500GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD (Data) - Win 10 Pro 64bit - 12GB Nvidia Titan-X - 3 x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560 x 1440p Monitors - Razer Black Widow Chroma, Naga Epic Chroma, Orbweaver Chroma - TM Warthog HOTAS + 2 x MFCD's - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Sades SA-926 Headset - Obutto R3volution Rig :thumbup:

It's in the briefing but near the bottom.

I have read through the briefing and there is no mention of the TOTs. The only mention of time is the mission start time of 23:30:00 and under objective to 'arrive at waypoint in specified time limit' So I am not sure where you are saying they are.

TTQ is taking longer than expected as we have been tweaking the gameplay to get it playing as best as we can.

We are testing the final mission now so hopefully we can get the package to ED soon.

That is great news looking forward to that one as well.

Rig:- NZXT H 440 Razer Special Edition Case - Asus Maximum VIII Formula MB -Intel i7 6700K @4.6Ghz - 64GB Corsair LED DDR4 3000Mhz - Samsung 512 GB M.2 (OS & Games) - 2 x 500GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD (Data) - Win 10 Pro 64bit - 12GB Nvidia Titan-X - 3 x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560 x 1440p Monitors - Razer Black Widow Chroma, Naga Epic Chroma, Orbweaver Chroma - TM Warthog HOTAS + 2 x MFCD's - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Sades SA-926 Headset - Obutto R3volution Rig :thumbup:

Which mission are you talking about? I'm assuming you meant BFT12 - The Low Level Flight plan. Sorry I should have attached a screenshot. Here it is.

If it's BFT10 then you need to calculate your TOT when the FE tells you (typically 5 mins from your current position).

1686794381_CopyofBFT12Briefing.thumb.jpg.eb963530f0649a1b3363cb219e70c0c5.jpg

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

@Sabre-TLA Yes I was talking about BFT10, so is it a case that so long as I put in the time based on 5 mins ahead of the time when the FL says start now that I should get the right time, as I can happily hit the waypoints on time in the practise mission but in the test I can fine on the first waypoint but those afterwards I am either late or early, and as I say I do not get a calculated speed for waypoint 3. Was your tip about following the speed for the flight lead was actually for BFT11?

Sorry to be a pain with all the questions.

@BeachAV8R I don't mean to be interrupting your thread like this, just trying to get this campaign squared away.

Yep that's correct you need to calculate your TOT for BFT10 (my previous comments were related to BFT12 - sorry for that).

The waypoint timings are tighter (we give you 10 seconds because of the voice over time but you need to be at the waypoint between 310 and 340 seconds - 5 mins + 40 secs would be the max time allowed). Before 310 seconds would be considered too early. Adjust for other timings, waypoints if indicated and don't forget to hit the stated altitude block.

Hope that helps.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates