Is it possible to create a mod for fire fighting?

Beazle

Hey guys,

I have tried looking for some fire fighting mod with a bucket oe something.

Would be possible to create a lua file that would put a fire? For example the water would be a missile but instead of creating smoke it would remove it?

I don't know if I am just dreaming here but it would be soo awesome to do some bucketing with the Huey!!

TWar657.jpg

Edited by Beazle

And would it be possible to add "cluster watered bomb" to huey load out? I am new to mods and all so sorry if I sound noob lol

All we need is a weapon model and texture files.

This could then be added as a bomb.

Perhaps someone could make one or alter a existing bomb to perform this function.

Sounds doable!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

yeah!! they're is a few other thing we would need to figure out though!

Like loading water in the bucket by dipping it in the water or a modeled pool?Thats another big thing too!

The other thing is; would it be possible to load that ''water bomb'' on the swinging bambi??

• 1 month later...

cool idea billy. I would love to see this happen. I am just beginning in mods, but from what I learned so far, some things are just animation and can be switched or played after certain constraints, or triggers. however, easy said but for the bucket in the water it could work, if ED enables the play-argument function in trigger actions again. as for the "water bomb" I am sure it could be attached to somewhere below the helo, maybe not exactly at the swinging bucket. the loadout pylons can be used as a connector, and the object you attach can have an offset when being modeled. well, it must not be necessarily a visible bomb, or? just a smoke or a dummy doing the job the bomb would do after releasing it? I never used bombs...I have to admit. Just some thoughts - I do like the idea.