Cold start tutorial - Trim do not work

Hoggorm

In the cold start tutorial, I get to the point after start where I shall trim the aircraft to 3 deg nose up. Unfortunately, I cannot get the trim to work so the tutorial ends here for me...

The trim does work in other missions (very slowly though - too slow?).

Can it be some hydraulic system that is not turned on yet that should have been on?

There's something fishy going on with the trim. There's another thread. Some are having the same problem as you, and for others (like me) it works perfectly fine.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Be aware that if you touch the emergency trim controls (NÖDTRIM, left side of the cockpit, very far back) that disables the normal trim controls. To re-enable, find the circuit breaker labeled TRIMSYST on the breaker panel on the right side, turn it off, and then turn it on again.

Be aware that if you touch the emergency trim controls (NÖDTRIM, left side of the cockpit, very far back) that disables the normal trim controls. To re-enable, find the circuit breaker labeled TRIMSYST on the breaker panel on the right side, turn it off, and then turn it on again.

Didnt touch emergency trim, but given we had workaround for bugs using actual system features "against" the bug, I tried that already.

Doesnt work.

Best workaround is switch it into ATT for a second, leaves you with a trimmed plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

• 2 weeks later...

I find that its the very last thing i do right on the runway or while the plane is taxi'ing , and i hold it down for a fair bit before it starts to move, you will Visually see the stick move as well in the cockpit which is way more helpful to indicate that your plane is trimming than the tiny needle burried.