Weapon selector dial

Capn kamikaze

It has keybinds though sadly there are no

keybinds to rotate it left or right etc but only keybinds for the different

positions.

I hope this is going to be addressed with a future update. The weapon selector, CK-37 mode and radar mode dials among others can really use a rotation-left/right keybind!

I hope this is going to be addressed with a future update. The weapon selector, CK-37 mode and radar mode dials among others can really use a rotation-left/right keybind!

yea and i kinda wish they had added one right away =P.

It took ages for the Mig-21 to get Rotation keybinds for its

"Weapon Selector" so one would have hoped they would know to

implement it for the Viggen straight away where ever possible.

And the Viggen has many rotary selector switches where this would be very usefull =P.

Completely agree, infact this should be a standard on any dial in any module from day one, that there should be a rotate right/left one position keybind, it's just obvious.

I second that! Let's hope they implement it soon(ish).

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

It has keybinds though sadly there are no

keybinds to rotate it left or right etc but only keybinds for the different

positions.

I had a look for it, and the only thing I can see is keybindings for the mode selector, I am on about the weapon selector, on the right, there doesn't seem to be anything that relates to that.

• 5 months later...

It looks like a update have resulted in adding this function.

In the "Weapons" Category, I have two actions: "Weapon selector turn clockwise" and "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise".

However, I can only get the "Weapon selector turn clockwise" to work. When using the "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" nothing happens.

I have tried remapping the keys also, but it does not seem to work.

Have anyone had luck with the "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" action? I can only use the mouse to rotate (or use the direct functions). I have a rotary that I want to use for this purpose :-)

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

In the "Weapons" Category, I have two actions: "Weapon selector turn clockwise" and "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise". However, I can only get the "Weapon selector turn clockwise" to work. When using the "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" nothing happens. I have tried remapping the keys also, but it does not seem to work. Have anyone had luck with the "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" action? I can only use the mouse to rotate (or use the direct functions). I have a rotary that I want to use for this purpose :-)

Same here.

The only thing possible here is rotating the rotary knob clockwise, but not counterclockwise.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I don't know if this will work for you in this case, and I dont remember in what thread I read about it, but try this:

When designating buttons that doesn't seem to work, clear the designation and then SEARCH for the command and designate it again from the search results.

I read somewhere that someone did this (different command though) and magically got it working.

Worth a try.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

In the "Weapons" Category, I have two actions: "Weapon selector turn clockwise" and "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise".

However, I can only get the "Weapon selector turn clockwise" to work. When using the "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" nothing happens.

I have tried remapping the keys also, but it does not seem to work.

Have anyone had luck with the "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" action? I can only use the mouse to rotate (or use the direct functions). I have a rotary that I want to use for this purpose :-)

Works for me, assigned it to my flight stick and it goes both ways.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that

keybinding for "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" LALT + LCTRL + W is already assigned to parking brake

and even if you clear and assign LALT + LCTRL + W to "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" DCS will not warn you that it is already assigned to parking brake.

Solution in DCS 1.5.7 is:

1. search parking brake keybinding and clear it

2. clear keybinding for "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" and assign it LALT + LCTRL + W

3. if you need - assign parking brake some other keybinding

Edited by colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• 2 years later...