Kneeboard not usable

Malek

Hello everyone,

Since the last patch on the 10.02. I can no longer use my kneeboard on the Viggen effectively. I can show and hide it, but all other functions as "switching pages" or "marking my position" are not usable. When I try to rebind the keys ingame nothing changes, but when I try it from the main menu the keybinding of "kneeboard - next page" is coloured red and when I change it my game freezes. Next, I tried it with and without the controller emulator from my HOTAS Warthog but still no sign of a change. My kneeboard is still working with all other aircraft. I'm using no modifications. DCS Version 1.5.6.1938.247. Repairing with the updater does not help.

I hope there's a solution for the problem and I was able to deliver most of the necessary information, if not, feel free to ask.

Kind regards

Malek

Edit: The problem with the freezing game seems to be a general problem with dcs and is not related to the kneeboard problem. But I'm still curious why the keybinding was coloured red.

Edited by Malek
New information added

Okey, I found the problem!

You can fix the bug with the kneeboard when you go to your Keyboard.diff file. The file can be found usually at Users\ "Your user" \Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\AJS37\keyboard. There you must open the file with a suitable editor (I would recommend Notepad ++) and search for the entries with the names "Kneeboard - next page" and "Kneeboard - previous page" (May be called differently). Under those is a command which says ["removed"]. Change this to ["added"]. Now your kneeboard should switch pages again!

This is just a very rudimentary explanation, I'll post soon another one with pictures.

Finally I can fly again the viggen! :pilotfly:

Edited by Malek
My english is bad...

Okey, I found the problem!

You can fix the bug with the kneeboard when you go to your Keyboard.diff file. The file can be found usually at Users\ "Your user" \Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\AJS37\keyboard. There you must open the file with a suitable editor (I would recommend Notepad ++) and search for the entries with the names "Kneeboard - next page" and "Kneeboard - previous page" (May be called differently). Under those is a command which says ["removed"]. Change this to ["added"]. Now your kneeboard should switch pages again!

This is just a very rudimentary explanation, I'll post soon another one with pictures.

Finally I can fly again the viggen! :pilotfly:

Thank you, this worked! :thumbup:

EDIT: I assume that you also have a swiss keyboard layout, maybe this causes this bug

Thank you, this worked! :thumbup:

EDIT: I assume that you also have a swiss keyboard layout, maybe this causes this bug

No problem and yeah maybe that's the issue.

Edited by Malek
Removed the sarcasm part

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having this problem too.

I did as well, and in controls the [, ], and ctrl-k mappings were highlighted red, even though I hadn't done any remapping. I simply clicked on each of those key mappings and clicked Clear, then saved. When I went back into controls I remapped them back as the same key mappings (default) and saved and they worked fine again. One note, I was in cockpit when I made the changes as that's obviously when I noticed I couldn't move to the next kneeboard.