Why de dont have a Mig-21 Changelog/Update Máster list

Esac_mirmidon

I would like to know why the Mig-21 dont have any thread like for the Viggen with an updated changelog/ Master list.

Its very useful to track the official changes.

The external bug tracker is not the same in my oppinion. If the external bug tracker is the best option for LN why the Viggen has a changelog thread in the forum?.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Are you sure that LN MiG-21 has any changes?

Some of ones were in recent World's update log and that is all.

Отправлено с моего GT-I9082 через Tapatalk

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

If you look inside the bug tracker there are a couple of changes. My point is to be able to track the same Viggen timeline changelog for the Mig-21 in this forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Indeed it would be nice that all planes would have a sticky thread with Changelog/Update Master list like Mirage 2000C has:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=156925

It simply shows the amount of work and care a module receives, absence of such thing shows a bit of lack of it, especially for Mig21 that had a series of "stealth updates" that moved things back and forth.

Also a thread like L-39 has with known remaining bugs/missing features would be useful.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179745

This would keep double/triple reports away in a certain measure.

I know thee is the bugtracker site but is not working the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

+1 for a changelog.

Also on a slight tangent. I'd like to get back in the Mig. I haven't flown it since it was early access. Is it complete now, and (mostly) Bugfree? Also have the FM issues been ironed out?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

This question has been asked often over the past 2 years and Cobras answer was always the same: "There is the bugtracker for that". But the bugtracker is down now (https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/), so that answer is not longer valid.

+1 for changelog thread

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

But my question remains.

In the opposite sense. Why a master list - changelog update for the Viggen when there is already a bugtracker?

I preffer the master list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i feel this sim is pretty much dead. the lns people are much more active and communicative in the vigen section. i think they have moved on and whatever bugs issues or incomplete features are there, i dont think there serious enough to fix everything and make a truly high quality product which it can be.

i am guessing they see more profit in terms of new buyers in the new products they may be making. i personally am not too impressed by this company. but that is just my first impression. from this section of the forum. no interaction, no updates no nothing.

With the sale going on now, I was considering the 21, but having read this thread and other threads similar to this one... I think I will pass. I am a bit disappointed, but at least I am not disappointed in owning the module and also out the cash for this module.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dont get me wrong.

I´m very happy with the Mig-21 module. i was an original backer of the product and is one of my favourite modules in DCS. Also reading the bugtracker LNS are still working on polishing and fixing the issues.

My concerns are about the different feedback here in this forums between different products.

If the Bugtracker is the "official" solution for publishing and handling bug information about LNS products this must be the way for any product. This is why when i compare the obvious different feedback between the Viggen and the Mig-21 my worries arised.

In my oppinion the Changelog Master List is a must for any product. Is the best way to have all costumers informed about the changes, updates, fix pending list of any module by far. And this is not incompatible with the bugtracker. LNS could still demand that we as costumers must be using the bugtracker to post bugs but here, in the forum, the changelog master list must be posted always for any product.

Razbam has one with the Mirage, LNS has one with the Viggen and i think the Mig-21 deserves one.

Other completly different thing is the bug fixing, updating, polishing speed of the Mig-21. We can argue about it, and talk about if the Mig-21 has the appopiated love or not by the developers. But my concerns are about a comprehensive Changelog Master List here, in the forums.

We, as costumers deserve it ASAP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly.

The changelog is important to know exactly what has gone out. Something can be patched, but that patch might be held up, not go out, or something might miss release.

Proper changelog on each patch release is best to understand what exactly has changed.

I am relatively happy with Mig after last patch. Still some improvements to be made, but it's in a better place than it was six month ago.

Alot of this issue could be fixed with better and more consistent communication. Visibility on upcoming features for the mig feels non existent for example, other than a very brief intermittent forum posts.

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. I hope they can handle this challenge with the support of us.

They have mine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's do it

Esac,

thank you for mentioning this.

I wan't to do it - a master change-log for 21 here on forum.

Let's wait few more days until the forum is restructured. Please PM me once you believe it's a good time to do it (otherwise I'll just forget it, we are 100% cluttered at the moment).

Best regards to all!

Edited by Dolphin887
misspelled the name

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Easc,

thank you for mentioning this.

I wan't to do it - a master change-log for 21 here on forum.

Let's wait few more days until the forum is restructured. Please PM me once you believe it's a good time to do it (otherwise I'll just forget it, we are 100% cluttered at the moment).

Best regards to all!

Thanks, I can really understand that you currently have more important things to focus at, but the intention to make a public changelog when the time is right is good news. Thanks :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks Dolphin.

I really appreciate your kind approach to this thread. Take all the time needed. I will.send you a PM after some time. Best wishes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]