RAZBAM MiG-19

OverStratos

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to apologize to all those who where waiting for a DCS MiG-23 really hard. You can be sure I was one of them.

As the MiG-23 was not authorized, we started to push our second project which is the MiG-19. I´ve been swiming in MiG-19s and MiG-19 documentation for the past two months as at the beginning it was supposed that we would have more time to gather all the necessary data and as a consequence, some info is still missing.

We appreciate any help.:D

A new historically acurrate MiG-19P model is being made. I will be posting some work in progress pictures of the new MiG-19 model around next week.

• Like 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to apologize to all those who where waiting for a DCS MiG-23 really hard. You can be sure I was one of them.

As the MiG-23 was not authorized, we started to push our second project which is the MiG-19. I´ve been swiming in MiG-19s and MiG-19 documentation for the past two months as at the beginning it was supposed that we would have more time to gather all the necessary data and as a consequence, some info is still missing.

A new historically acurrate MiG-19P model is being made. I will be posting some work in progress pictures of the new MiG-19 model around next week.

ok just to clarify, ED has allowed you guys at Razbam for a license for you guys to create a Mig19P within DCS correct? SO mig19P development will 100% happen and it will go for sale as a module when complete?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

MiG-19? Cool! looking forward to hearing more about this bird.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

For a 50's jet fighter, I believe that a Hawker Hunter would have had a much broader market appeal ... but I will still purchase you MiG-19 anyway :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

For a 50's jet fighter, I believe that a Hawker Hunter would have had a much broader market appeal ... but I will still purchase you MiG-19 anyway :D

I totally agree. I'm sure Hawker Hunter would appeal to many pilots in here. I hope it's their next project.

Hello all,

...we started to push our second project which is the MiG-19. I´ve been swiming in MiG-19s and MiG-19 documentation for the past two months as at the beginning it was supposed that we would have more time to gather all the necessary data and as a consequence, some info is still missing.

What information are missing?

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

The Hawker Hunter is in VEAO's road map but of course that could easily change.

Somewhere in the 2025 at their current pace.

Anyway, I prefer MiG over Hawker, so I'm glad you stick to the project. :thumbup:

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I totally agree. I'm sure Hawker Hunter would appeal to many pilots in here. I hope it's their next project.

i dont think so. the Hunter is still a transoinc plane, and while iconic, itl be in quite an awkward position. Its performance ( especially late model like the Mk6) exceed performance of korean era F86F and Mig15his fighters, ( even the mig17F in some aspects) and yet its still be inferior to supersonic designs ( it be eating the Mig19's exhaust fumes, as it speeds away at ease)

Mig 19 in turn has afterburners and its a supersonic aircraft. the P model will also have a IZumrud search radar albiet short range( 10-12 km) , itl still make it better for high altitude interceptions. Mig19 also fits into more scenarios TBH.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

If you were wanting a 50s era aircraft that isn't a hunter, may I recommend an early generation lightening? That could be a great crossover between the mig-19 and mig-21 timeline of aircraft. Plus the radar and missile capabilities would be comparable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk