Reinstall DCS

Cloppy

Hi

So I need the procedure to reinstall DCS.

So do I deactivate the modules, copy the folders (dcs world is basically in one folder) onto another Hard drive, and then copy back over onto the newly formatted hard drive and then basically re activate the modules?

Easy as that yeah?

Cheers

Core i5 650

6 Gig of bog standard Ram

X52 Pro:joystick:

Saitek Cessna Pedals

Trackir5 with Pro Clip

GEFORCE GT640

the safest variant:

deactivate the modules first

then deinstall DCS World, your profiles and settings will stay saved.

If you reinstall DCSW, it loads your "old" settings again

once installed, log in the module manager and activate the modules again

other variant:

you can drag the installation of DCS around on your pc, but that would require some edits in the install directory/regedit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My installation is two years old. I recently moved it to an SSD. I want to deinstall and do a fresh job install on the SSD. Will I have garbage left behind on the original HD that will slow things down?

After the deinstall, the profiles and settings are stored where?

Are any files /folders left behind in the original location, and can I delete them?

Lastly, what is the difference between 1.5 and 1.5 open beta?

Will all servers show up in either installation?

What advantages do each have?

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Hi,

My installation is two years old. I recently moved it to an SSD. I want to deinstall and do a fresh job install on the SSD. Will I have garbage left behind on the original HD that will slow things down?

After the deinstall, the profiles and settings are stored where?

Are any files /folders left behind in the original location, and can I delete them?

Lastly, what is the difference between 1.5 and 1.5 open beta?

Will all servers show up in either installation?

What advantages do each have?

There should not be leftovers

They are located in "saved games/dcs" and you can copy them or delete them over to the ssd

Open beta is for testing out bigger updates and some new planes before it goes out on stable

Depending on the version, sometimes the open beta gets a network upgrade/update, then stable version servers can't be seen in open beta and the other way round too

Only advantage of open beta is that you can try updates or planes earlier

Stable version is more polished

There should not be leftovers

Actually, if there are any installed mods, or other files not installed by the installer/updater, then it is possible to have files leftover after running the uninstall. They can, of course, just be deleted.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: