2.5 ?

flo57100

ED would like to have 2.5 out this year.

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Primary Focus is Normandy,

News about other items will likely come after Normandy is Released:

Same Goes for the F/A-18C::

https://forums.eagle.ru/announcement.php?f=66

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Primary Focus is Normandy,

News about other items will likely come after Normandy is Released:

Same Goes for the F/A-18C::

https://forums.eagle.ru/announcement.php?f=66

This is all very confusing...

And where will we install Normandy without the 2.5?

In 2.0 or in 1.5 :huh:????

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Or v2.1

Or v2.5 and the merge will be v3.0

Speculating is pointless, it will be whatever it works out to be

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is all very confusing...

And where will we install Normandy without the 2.5?

In 2.0 or in 1.5 :huh:????

2.0 Supports Multiple Theatres already.

That is the Primary Difference between 1.5 and 2.0,

1.5 Runs T3 Terrain Engine

2.0 Runs T4 Terrain Engine

Everything Else is Essentially Identical, Same Graphics Engine, etc etc,

2.0 has the File System, and Underlying Infrastructure to support multiple theatres in place already.

Normandy would Likely be Added to 2.0.

However, no official statement has been made on this yet AFAIK.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

2.0 Supports Multiple Theatres already.

Normandy would Likely be Added to 2.0.

However, no official statement has been made on this yet AFAIK.

If 2.0 Supports Multiple Theatres already,

why can't we install caucasus on it?:cry:

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Because the it isn't running on T4 yet.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Because the it isn't running on T4 yet.

And Nevada and normandy and the others do?

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Because 1.5 Caucasus is T3 and does not work on T4 (2.0).

Which is why Caucasus is being Re-Done.

Seriously when will Open Alpha be done.

Don't know if I missed any news regarding a 2.5 release schedule but its getting hard to believe that I bought into the Nevada open alpha nigh on 1 year and 4 months ago or so and its still at open alpha. How much longer is it going to take ? I think I have been more than patient enough.

I believe that ED is juggling far too many balls at the moment with all the new modules and now the Normandy map is being pushed. I assume that the Normand map will also be released as an open alpha.

Well the only way I'll be buying into any new maps is if it comes with a completed version 2.5. I stopped purchasing new modules due to 2.5 taking so long and am getting a bit bored with all the recent updates focusing on Normandy new beta aircraft or module sales. I have plenty of aircraft its 2.5 I want released so any news or even speculation of the potential release date of it.

While it has been a long wait, the nevada terrain is very playable and has a number of available campaigns and missions.

Have you played the red flag campaigns? The F-5E aggressor campaign or MBOT's F-5E/Mig-21 dynamic campaigns? There is plenty there to tide you over until 2.5 is released.

Regarding the "juggling too many balls", while I am just guessing here, but I presume that ED have different teams and different people working on this terrains at different stages. For example, Normandy might have needed a lot of work from their artists but Nevada needs more work from programmers.

Also remember that we are going to get a free 2.5 Caucasus map update.

Nevada isn't at Open Alpha though. That's the name of the branch for testing new terrain. Nevada was just the first and is basically finished.

Normandy is the next to be finished, then they'll focus on the new Caucasus map. Only when the new Caucasus map is done will we get single 2.5 version, as there needs to be a free map.

Good news is Normandy will be out fairly shortly, considering the recent screenshot blitz, the upcoming live stream, dropping of lots of info by ED staff and Wags saying there's likely to be a 2.1 version.

Yep, like Buzzles said, It's just the name for testing, the map is pretty much done I guess after the last major update? What changes and the reason I see for the Alpha name is the ongoing testing and tweaking of the Edge engine, sometimes it will go backwards for a time to move forward with all the testing, tuning, optimization etc.

I'm ok with the labeling across the board here, DCS is at the cutting edge side of flight simming, the map is incredibility detailed, enough to fly VFR, not seen better in my travels.

I do get the frustration on how long things take, I still get more enjoyment flying anything in DCS compared to other sims, it's a hard niche, How many companies are left in the combat side? ED and third parties should do whatever it takes to keep going, so we get more cool toy's to play with.

They all must love it, the reward vs development in this niche would not be great. Less stress building Goat sims...

So, what's in store for 2017....

Well for me it will be a busy time developing our military projects, securing more military work for the year and those beyond, demonstrating our capabilities within DCS and of course showcasing DCS itself which is second-to-none when it comes to military simulators and the capabilities of the simulator that we all love flying or even driving in.

DCS itself has come on leaps and bounds with the latest installments and we can't wait to develop systems and functionality for what is yet to come <no spoilers>.

You will see vast improvements in technology for DCS; VR being a classic example of this and we are excited to announce some partnerships early in the New Year, so keep an eye out for announcements!!

Read the full post

Are there any details more, to share with us?

Say, plans to:

a) simulate penetration of several modules by a single projectile

b) introduce altered impact behavior, depended on the load (HE/AP) => surface/submerged explosions, ricochets where applicable

c) internal/external fuel tank flame bursts or varied leakage rates depended on hits number/their nature

d) hydraulic fails - drop out chassis, etc

e) stun effects on the pilot (HE "close call" impact)

f) realistic dynamics for damaged planes, including their rapid re-balancing due to pierced tanks/any massive parts departed. Inability to withstand high Gs for their frame any more (where it's appropriate)

g) inflammation that gradually affects plane

A digression: I'm not poking developers to do this right from the beginning in some stealthy manner - just wonder what depth are you willing to take?

a) Yes, including true calculation of armour-piercing ability (at least for the first 1-2 walls where experimental results are available to extend for the model). Fragmentation field patterns, etc...

b) yes

c) yes

d) hydrolics can be damaged even now, but it will work regarding its design for each plane - so there will be no undercarriage drop if the up-locks are mechanically driven. Possibly, with the new DM hydrolics will get more detailed damages, say, the pump, the left gear tubing, etc...

e) do not know yet

f) all these features work now. If the main spar is damaged - yes it will lower max G-load.

g) I remember that Racoon answered positive.

New damage model with images

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Waiting eagerly on 2.5. It looks really phenomenal.

I hope it comes soon and I'm not buying any other theater until then, when we have single stable version (not beta, or alpha) that can support everything.

Yes!

I get it terminator,

For me tho, there isn't anything else quite like this level of sim out there, DCS balances on the bleeding edge or another way "leading edge". It takes time to mature and every change can have a potential side affect on other parts of the sim and modules. Like I said before these guys must love it, I can't image how frustrating it would be sometimes for these guys trying to get this leading edge SimArt stable while adding more and more while upgrading things.

If their going to stick with it and keep pushing forward in this hard niche, I'll will keep backing and supporting them along the way.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Well said David OC!

As for not buying any more maps until 2.5 is out Airbuster, I admire your optimism. As far as we can see here, there will be Normandy, then there will be 2.5. We'll all miss you on the Normandy multiplayer servers :music_whistling: What the other maps are you're considering not buying is puzzling me!