[REPORTED]multiplayer late activation ship wake

I don't know how long this one's been going on as I haven't built a multiplayer mission with ships in it for a long time.

In release version 1.5.6 when ships are placed in the mission and set to activate sometime after mission start, they will disappear as you get close to them. Their labels will disappear too but their bow wakes always remain. As you move away from them, they and their labels will reappear but as you again approach within bomb attack range they again vanish. We tested this using the Elnya tanker and both the cargo ships so I'm not really sure if all ships have this bug.

When the ships are not late activated by a trigger and are set to start when the mission starts, this does not happen, nor does this happen in singleplayer. I've not seen this reported so I don't know if it's another bug in the long list of 1.5.6 problems or I'm just late to the party and maybe this has been going on for some time?

Here's some screenshots, most of them taken within seconds of each other. If you can't see what I'm pointing too in the shots, download the pics and zoom in.

2l3x4m.jpg

f0xb2o.jpg

2ziy9mo.jpg

md2jcx.jpg

2rzqfpf.jpg

ddcayo.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

I also observed it with a friend in our training mission. Actually he as a client saw it. The ship was set to late activation by trigger and when destroyed appeared in the place of spawning for a while.

I thought it was a "mirage" from his part although he saw it several times.

It seems is not and is a true bug.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I also observed it with a friend in our training mission. Actually he as a client saw it. The ship was set to late activation by trigger and when destroyed appeared in the place of spawning for a while.

I thought it was a "mirage" from his part although he saw it several times.

It seems is not and is a true bug.

I use another computer as my server and connect to it with my gaming computer just like all my other multiplayer clients, so yes, it would be possible for the host to see the ships without this problem as he's flying with the same computer that's hosting the mission. This is probably why I couldn't see this when testing as I do all my mission building and testing on my gaming machine. I always see the ships when testing in either singleplayer or in multiplayer if I'm hosting on the same computer that I'm flying with.

I expect the ED programmers have to work double hard to get this software working in single player AND in multiplayer. Problems like these are also reaffirming my suspicions that there's really little to no multiplayer testing done at all.

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Thanks BIGNEWY. Until this is fixed, to keep this from happening, I'll make sure all my ships are started and moving when the mission starts. :smilewink: